- 23 Posts
Freezes at Google logo after flashing Franco kernel. (CM11)
I'm unlocked and rooted and using latest TWRP recovery. My phone is running 02/02/2014 official CyanogenMod nightly and runs perfectly. I've read that the Franco kernel can have all sorts of benefits and improve battery life so i decided to check it out. Made a Nandroid backup of my phone in case something went wrong, rebooted into CyanogenMod, installed the FKU Free app, downloaded r32 zip, auto flashed, and my phone would only boot to the Google logo with the unlocked icon. It freezes on that and will not do anything no matter how long I wait (20+ mins). Restored nandroid backup and now back to normal.
What's weird is that i was able to successfully flash and boot Android on an earlier CyanogenMod nightly, but now when i try it just freezes. Any ideas what the problem would be?
- 02-02-2014, 11:40 AM #2
- 02-03-2014, 01:40 AM #3
- 2,154 Posts
Re: Freezes at Google logo after flashing Franco kernel. (CM11)
Franco.Kernel doesn't support CM11. It's due to some stuff with CAF, idk. Confusing to me. . There's a fix on XDA in the Android Development Section.
You should give AOSPAL a try. Many features, very stable.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
- By mg3796 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 02-15-2014, 12:24 PM
- By zrxoa1 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 18Last Post: 02-08-2014, 02:38 PM
- By beeare in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 28Last Post: 02-05-2014, 08:39 AM
- By sierrajinx9 in forum VerizonReplies: 4Last Post: 02-03-2014, 12:12 AM
- By Rachel Fairbrother in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-02-2014, 12:05 PM