Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Default rooting/device recognition question

Hi,

I recently just switched to a nexus 5 from my nexus 4.

I rooted my nexus 4 easily with wugs fresh toolkit, worked like a charm no hiccups or anything.

My nexus 5 comes, I use wugs to unlock the boot loader fine, but then I can't root it after that.. The device does also not show up in windows, any advice or help would be appreciated!!! Really want to use xposed on this..

On windows 8.1 btw

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: rooting/device recognition question

Hi,
    If it is only a root you want to achieve, I suggest you think about trying CF's Autoroot as it's quick and effective. You only have to run windows.bat after connecting your device.

[Nexus 5] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers

As for the device not being detected, after you connect your device to the PC, go to the device manager to see if there is a yellow exclamation mark next to your device's name. If that is the case, delete the existing drivers from there and install new ones. You can alternatively also reinstall the Google USB drivers from the following link:

Google USB Driver | Android Developers

Do tell if this helps.

OR you could just do it the manual way 1) works everytime as long as you don't fat finger the keyboard and 2) you know exactly what script are being run on your phone
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Thanks to both of your help! While troubleshooting with Wug's I followed the steps and reinstalled the ADB drivers and it recognized my device, and then it worked without a hitch! Thanks guys!

Global Posts
    8,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Tules View Post
    Thanks to both of your help! While troubleshooting with Wug's I followed the steps and reinstalled the ADB drivers and it recognized my device, and then it worked without a hitch! Thanks guys!
    Drivers are probably the number one issue a lot of people run into when trying to connect to Windows PC's. Good to see you got it running - how's your rooted N5?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Drivers are probably the number one issue a lot of people run into when trying to connect to Windows PC's. Good to see you got it running - how's your rooted N5?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    On my old nexus 4, I was using PA 4+, and I was quite enjoying it!

On this one I've stayed on stock but I'm using xposed frameworks to give myself some nice little tweaks!

Highlights I would have to say are the improved quick settings, quick pulldown, and the nav bar custom ring targets! Quite awesome!

Global Posts
    8,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Tules View Post
    On my old nexus 4, I was using PA 4+, and I was quite enjoying it!

On this one I've stayed on stock but I'm using xposed frameworks to give myself some nice little tweaks!

Highlights I would have to say are the improved quick settings, quick pulldown, and the nav bar custom ring targets! Quite awesome!
    Cool! I'm rooted, bootloader unlocked and have Franco Kernel installed. I'm really enjoying the stock ROM (aside from the Kernel) and have not had a need to change it or tweak it just yet.

I have used PA on my Epic 4g Touch and have to say, it definitely is a good ROM. Something to consider if I get the itch to install something other than stock on the N5.