Nexus 5: Can't get change to build.prop to take.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted (rooted apps like TiBu are working fine), but I can't get a change in build.prop to save. I'm trying to change persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true to false to see if helps with my choppy mic issue, but every time I type in the change, it wont let me save it. I've tried using Root Explorer (locks up every time I touch Mount R/W, then force closes) ES Explorer says it can save it, Solid Explorer locks up, the fc's when I try to change the properties to read/write.

Although I can't find my Superuser icon in my app drawer (maybe that's the problem???), I downloaded Simple Root Checker and it says I have root.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
try clearing data for root explorer and trying again (should ask again for root access permissions) the superuser app should be there and if so you will get the pop up. if not you need to get the app again from the playstore and hopefully you can easily update the binaries and problem solved.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
try clearing data for root explorer and trying again (should ask again for root access permissions) the superuser app should be there and if so you will get the pop up. if not you need to get the app again from the playstore and hopefully you can easily update the binaries and problem solved.

That worked, but I did have to re-download SuperSU. That seems weird, because although the app wasn't on my phone anymore (where/how did it go???), I still had root for stuff like TiBu.

The fix for my choppy mic sort of worked. The mic sounds good now holding the regularly, without using a headset, but it still is unusable in speaker phone mode. Oh well...

Pro Vickers

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm rooted (rooted apps like TiBu are working fine), but I can't get a change in build.prop to save. I'm trying to change persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true to false to see if helps with my choppy mic issue, but every time I type in the change, it wont let me save it. I've tried using Root Explorer (locks up every time I touch Mount R/W, then force closes) ES Explorer says it can save it, Solid Explorer locks up, the fc's when I try to change the properties to read/write.

Although I can't find my Superuser icon in my app drawer (maybe that's the problem???), I downloaded Simple Root Checker and it says I have root.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

BuildProp Editor on the play store ;)

Nexus 5-Cataclysm-Faux

Zac Doscher

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
In order to get build.prop edits to take on my Nexus 5 (using Root Explorer) I usually have to try it a few times. I'll make the change, save, save, save and exit, and then I will go back in and do it again. For some reason it takes the second time.