Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pro Vickers
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5: Can't get change to build.prop to take.

I'm rooted (rooted apps like TiBu are working fine), but I can't get a change in build.prop to save. I'm trying to change persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true to false to see if helps with my choppy mic issue, but every time I type in the change, it wont let me save it. I've tried using Root Explorer (locks up every time I touch Mount R/W, then force closes) ES Explorer says it can save it, Solid Explorer locks up, the fc's when I try to change the properties to read/write.

Although I can't find my Superuser icon in my app drawer (maybe that's the problem???), I downloaded Simple Root Checker and it says I have root.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Default Re: Nexus 5: Can't get change to build.prop to take.

try clearing data for root explorer and trying again (should ask again for root access permissions) the superuser app should be there and if so you will get the pop up. if not you need to get the app again from the playstore and hopefully you can easily update the binaries and problem solved.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by y2whisper View Post
    try clearing data for root explorer and trying again (should ask again for root access permissions) the superuser app should be there and if so you will get the pop up. if not you need to get the app again from the playstore and hopefully you can easily update the binaries and problem solved.
    That worked, but I did have to re-download SuperSU. That seems weird, because although the app wasn't on my phone anymore (where/how did it go???), I still had root for stuff like TiBu.

The fix for my choppy mic sort of worked. The mic sounds good now holding the regularly, without using a headset, but it still is unusable in speaker phone mode. Oh well...
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I'm rooted (rooted apps like TiBu are working fine), but I can't get a change in build.prop to save. I'm trying to change persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=true to false to see if helps with my choppy mic issue, but every time I type in the change, it wont let me save it. I've tried using Root Explorer (locks up every time I touch Mount R/W, then force closes) ES Explorer says it can save it, Solid Explorer locks up, the fc's when I try to change the properties to read/write.

Although I can't find my Superuser icon in my app drawer (maybe that's the problem???), I downloaded Simple Root Checker and it says I have root.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks
    BuildProp Editor on the play store

Nexus 5-Cataclysm-Faux
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Were you successful with making the build prop edit?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

In order to get build.prop edits to take on my Nexus 5 (using Root Explorer) I usually have to try it a few times. I'll make the change, save, save, save and exit, and then I will go back in and do it again. For some reason it takes the second time.