Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    lornaevo's Avatar

    Posts
    613 Posts
    Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Decks

    Default Deleting Stock Apps?

    Is it safe to delete stock apps from my nexus? Mostly, Calendar, mail, people apps? Can those be removed without causing any problems?

    Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Deleting Stock Apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    Is it safe to delete stock apps from my nexus? Mostly, Calendar, mail, people apps? Can those be removed without causing any problems?

    Thanks.
    I didnt know you could delete them, I thought you could only disable them. I dont see there being any issues, plus Google Play will prob have them to download if you want them back
  3. #3  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Deleting Stock Apps?

    You can't delete those apps without root access, but yes, you can probably disable most of those without any issues

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    lornaevo's Avatar

    Posts
    613 Posts
    Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Decks

    Default Re: Deleting Stock Apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    You can't delete those apps without root access, but yes, you can probably disable most of those without any issues

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    If I get rid of them I can use third party apps for those features?
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    If I get rid of them I can use third party apps for those features?
    Yes, you can. What's wrong with the stock apps?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    lornaevo's Avatar

    Posts
    613 Posts
    Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Decks

    Default Re: Deleting Stock Apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Yes, you can. What's wrong with the stock apps?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    I prefer to use cal for my calendar and i use realcalc instead of the stock calendar.
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Deleting Stock Apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    I prefer to use cal for my calendar and i use realcalc instead of the stock calendar.
    Cool. You can go ahead and disable the stock app, you shouldn't have any issues. If you do, enable it again

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    lornaevo likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    lornaevo's Avatar

    Posts
    613 Posts
    Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Decks

    Default Re: Deleting Stock Apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Cool. You can go ahead and disable the stock app, you shouldn't have any issues. If you do, enable it again

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Thanks for your speedy responses.
  9. #9  
    UJ95x's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    10,177 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

    Default Re: Deleting Stock Apps?

    Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    Thanks for your speedy responses.
    No problem. Glad I could help

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Deleting Stock Apps?

    You can use Titanium Backup, if rooted, to remove some stock apps. I would advise against removing calander, but some other stock apps aren't really needed (Currents/magazines/books, alternate languages for example).

Similar Threads

  1. Can I make a Nandroid on stock 4.3?
    By zetodavido in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 10:20 AM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S4 Stock Email App Not Responding.
    By Simon Zhang in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions