Deleting Stock Apps?

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Is it safe to delete stock apps from my nexus? Mostly, Calendar, mail, people apps? Can those be removed without causing any problems?

Thanks.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Is it safe to delete stock apps from my nexus? Mostly, Calendar, mail, people apps? Can those be removed without causing any problems?

Thanks.

I didnt know you could delete them, I thought you could only disable them. I dont see there being any issues, plus Google Play will prob have them to download if you want them back

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You can't delete those apps without root access, but yes, you can probably disable most of those without any issues

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
You can't delete those apps without root access, but yes, you can probably disable most of those without any issues

If I get rid of them I can use third party apps for those features?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I prefer to use cal for my calendar and i use realcalc instead of the stock calendar.

Cool. You can go ahead and disable the stock app, you shouldn't have any issues. If you do, enable it again

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You can use Titanium Backup, if rooted, to remove some stock apps. I would advise against removing calander, but some other stock apps aren't really needed (Currents/magazines/books, alternate languages for example).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang