Having Trouble Find A File

Shocktribe

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I was using this thread over on xda ([GUIDE] Nexus 5 - How to Unlock Bootloader, … | Google Nexus 5 | xda-developers) and I'm up to the custom recovery section and its telling me to run the command "cd Desktop/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools" I have the sdk manager its asking for but its not named android-sdk-windows, and when I try to rename the folder I extracted the SDK zip file to, it wont let me.

My first time doing this, I unlocked my boot loader with CF-Auto-root and if i'm not mistaken my phone is rooted (I got the SuperSU app and everything)

I appreciate any help that I can get.

Edit: I have successfully rooted my device

Last edited:

merv69

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
When it comes to nexus 5, the easiest way to do all those things in one program is to use wugfresh's toolkit. Search in XDA forums for it. Installs busy box, superuser, roots, unlocks bootloader and installs custom recovery (TWRP).

Via my LG Nexus 5...

Shocktribe

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
But I just want to do the custom recovery, I've tried with goomanager as well but no go

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Wug's is the easiest. I prefer to unlock and flash with fastboot, which is what it appears you are trying to do.

You could also use MSkip's tool. Either one works well.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'll try that, I'll keep you updated

Posted via Android Central App
Did you get this resolved? You need to find the platform tools folder within the sdk folder. Find the sdk folder then open the platform-tools folder. Right click any file and see if you can get the directory. Copy that whole directory and in the command window type: cd "past copied directory" (no quotes, just paste the directory).

Now, make sure the save the recovery.img you want to load within the platform-tools folder and type: fastboot flash recovery "name of recovery.img" (no quotes, type the recovery name exactly the way you see it, including the .img then hit enter". You should see the data transfer on the phone then reboot.

The key is to know where the platform-tools folder is saved and that you have the exact file names when flashing the recovery. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs