Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5: Inconsistent battery life

I'm running Beanstalk rom 3-25-2014. I was on the previous version prior to that and dealing with random reboots all day. After a full reset and an updated rom version, I am no longer experiencing random reboots. However, after my battery drains down past 50%, if I reboot my phone then it shows 22% or sometimes less. Just wondering what's going on.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Inconsistent battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by chrispher86 View Post
    I'm running Beanstalk rom 3-25-2014. I was on the previous version prior to that and dealing with random reboots all day. After a full reset and an updated rom version, I am no longer experiencing random reboots. However, after my battery drains down past 50%, if I reboot my phone then it shows 22% or sometimes less. Just wondering what's going on.

Did you do a clean install on the update?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Nexus 5: Inconsistent battery life

Also try fully draining your battery to calibrate it. 100->0 and back to 100

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Nexus 5: Inconsistent battery life

Please don't fully drain your battery (down below 5%) - it is among the worst (normal) things to do to your battery. Well, tossing your battery into a fire would be worse, hence the "normal" qualifier.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks guys. I did do a clean wipe. I haven't had to "drain" the battery down to 0 because its doing a pretty good job by itself. The only thing I can think of is that I have double tap to wake and double tap to sleep (on the notification bar) activated as well as active display. I know that stuff drains the battery more but I don't see how that justifies losing 30-40% on a reboot though. I've ordered a Mugen 3000 mAh battery case so maybe that'll help me get through the day.