Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 Speakers too faint

Hi guys,
    my phone is way too faint when I'm outside and there is a lot of background noise. Even when the volume is turn up fully, it is almost impossible to understand anyone.

I'm expecting to be able to fix this with a root to then be too turn up the system volume for phone calls. Is this expectation realistic? Any other suggestions on the issue?

Thanks.
    Snueber

Default Re: Nexus 5 Speakers too faint

maybe try one of the many "volume booster" apps in the Play Store.

good luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

You are not expecting any improvements via the root => system volume method?

Quote Originally Posted by Snueber View Post
    Hi guys,
    my phone is way too faint when I'm outside and there is a lot of background noise. Even when the volume is turn up fully, it is almost impossible to understand anyone.
    I'm expecting to be able to fix this with a root to then be too turn up the system volume for phone calls. Is this expectation realistic? Any other suggestions on the issue?
    Thanks.
    Snueber
    I've been using variations of this mod on every Nexus device I've owned! You can do this manually with something like Root Explorer or flash in recovery! [MOD][GUIDE][4.4.2] Headphone, Speaker and In-call Volume Boost for the Nexus 5
    "Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"
    AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ ElementalX, Nexus 5 32GB, Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think Google should get this fixed through an update so the users don't have to deal with it themselves... The issue is well-known, isn't it?

I think Google should get this fixed through an update so the users don't have to deal with it themselves... The issue is well-known, isn't it?
    They raised the volume in the 4.4.1 or 4.4.2 update, I don't remember which. External speaker volume is more than loud enough on my device but I also have my ringtone and notification volumes adjustable separately. The mod does give the ability to raise speaker volume but I use it for the headphone volume which sounds ridiculous with my Klipsch earbuds! As a matter of fact I don't ever remember adjusting the external speaker volume higher than maybe 75% and usually keep it much less, without using the speaker mod!
    "Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"
    AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ ElementalX, Nexus 5 32GB, Nexus 7 32GB (2013)

I'd guess that's an unrealistic expectation considering the Nexus 5 is approaching nearly a year old. If it were a large issue I'd expect Google would have address closer to November 2013 than seven months later.

Posted via Android Central App