Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Installing 4.4.3 error

Greetings,
    So, I'm a Nexus 5 user, with unlocked bootloader, Rooted (by CF auto root) but with stock ROM and kernel. I had Xposed Framework with some modules and i also removed some useless system apps, using titatnium backup (downgraded from system to normals apps -> unistalled), like: the hp app that came with the phone, google play books and some others.
    I was installing the new update: 4.4.3, but forgot to unistall the framework and disabling the modules.. and when the phone rebooted, it appeared on screen: Error.
    I rebooted the device.. the software is fine and i already unistalled the the Framework + disabled the modules, but now, when i go to software updates, it won't me appear 4.4.3. avaible! proabably because it already downloaded and just failed to install..
    Can you guys please help me what to do?! I heard something about flashing the 4.4.3. using fastboot, but don't know if it will be a probably, since a unistalled some system apps...
    Help me and btw i'm not very expert in this matter, so tell me the step by step please.

Thanks!
    Best Regards

Default Re: Installing 4.4.3 error

Yes you can download the factory image directly from Google. https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

As for flashing them its not very hard but it will wipe the data on your device using the factory images the way Google has the install script setup.

Since you already have the device rooted I'm assuming you have proper driver setup & communication between your computer and device. That makes things easier.

From there you need to download and install the basic tool package from the Android SDK so you can obtain fastboot and the necessary supporting files. http://dl.google.com/android/install....2-windows.exe

Once you have that downloaded and installed you do need to unzip/decompress the Google Factory Images you downloaded for the Nexus 5 and within each zip package there is another zip file within to unzip. Once everything is unzipped/decompressed you can follow the instructions found on the same page that you downloaded the Factory Images from to install the package.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Use your custom recovery and flash a stock untouched 4.4.3 ROM

Posted via Android Central App