So I normally don't like these "help" posts as most of them are easily Google-able. But I've run every Google search imaginable and have been pouring through forums and cannot seem to pinpoint my problem and where I went wrong.

I tried to flash L using the NRT 1.8.4 and everything seemed to be working fine but then I got stuck in a bootloop. I then went into Recovery Mode and wiped the cache, however, it was still stuck in bootloop upon reboot. I decided to bite the bullet and just try to flash back to 4.4.4 using NRT's Flash Stock and Unroot: Soft-bricked/Bootloop option.

Everything went fine and the flash back to stock went fine. So I rerooted and it prompted me to flash a custom recovery using TWRP...something I've never done. Yes, I didn't have a backup. I am an *****.

So I installed TWRP following all of the instructions and the root went perfectly. However, upon boot-up, I had at least 10 prompts saying one app or another is not currently working including all of my Google ones (all of my contacts appear to be gone and I cannot launch Gmail or really anything at all). I reinstalled my Xposed framework but most of that stuff is not working either as GravityBox is one of my error messages.

I have pretty much zero functionality of my nav bar (recent tasks doesn't work nor does the back button) and my power button will not prompt a power option menu. When I swipe down my notification bar, my settings are all scrunched in in the middle of the screen and do not expand.

I have no idea what I did or how to fix it and while I would hate to have to factory reset, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Has anyone ever encountered this or have any clue as to how I messed this up so badly?

Thank you so much in advance!!!
    07-08-2014 01:35 PM
    So I normally don't like these "help" posts as most of them are easily Google-able. But I've run every Google search imaginable and have been pouring through forums and cannot seem to pinpoint my problem and where I went wrong.

I tried to flash L using the NRT 1.8.4 and everything seemed to be working fine but then I got stuck in a bootloop. I then went into Recovery Mode and wiped the cache, however, it was still stuck in bootloop upon reboot. I decided to bite the bullet and just try to flash back to 4.4.4 using NRT's Flash Stock and Unroot: Soft-bricked/Bootloop option.

Everything went fine and the flash back to stock went fine. So I rerooted and it prompted me to flash a custom recovery using TWRP...something I've never done. Yes, I didn't have a backup. I am an *****.

So I installed TWRP following all of the instructions and the root went perfectly. However, upon boot-up, I had at least 10 prompts saying one app or another is not currently working including all of my Google ones (all of my contacts appear to be gone and I cannot launch Gmail or really anything at all). I reinstalled my Xposed framework but most of that stuff is not working either as GravityBox is one of my error messages.

I have pretty much zero functionality of my nav bar (recent tasks doesn't work nor does the back button) and my power button will not prompt a power option menu. When I swipe down my notification bar, my settings are all scrunched in in the middle of the screen and do not expand.

I have no idea what I did or how to fix it and while I would hate to have to factory reset, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Has anyone ever encountered this or have any clue as to how I messed this up so badly?

Thank you so much in advance!!!
    Welcome to the forums.
    First, can you link what file you used to try to flash L?
    07-08-2014 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the welcome.

I downloaded the Preview System Images from the Android L Developer Preview website (Setting Up the Preview SDK | Android Developers).

Just read this warning on LifeHacker website: Warning: It's mentioned on Google's download pages, but it's worth repeating: flashing this will erase your device and all your data. Be sure to do a backup before you begin.

So I may have screwed myself but I'm still hoping there are recovery options.
    07-08-2014 01:51 PM
    No, there probably isn't. You should be able to get set back up on KK, by reflashing the stock images.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.
    07-08-2014 03:03 PM