Can i safely download CM 12 now?

Hjalmar Ohman

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello buddies!
Sooo straight forward, i'm thinking of downloading CM 12 to my n5 cus it seams awesome. THO i don't want to crash my phone, AND if i dont like CM i want to be able to go back to stock android just as my phone is right now!
I've backuped my phone with "ADB", haven't rooted.
Questions:
What does flashify do?? How do i backup with Titanium Backup to my PC? If i root and download CM and then go back to my adb backup will it be unrooted and like my phone is now?
Now, since i can see in the future i know some1 will answer and i thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) As far as I can tell, 12 is still in nightlies. That means in beta test, at best. Is it safe? Probably. Is it fully working with no bugs for your phone? That's why it's in nightlies - to find out.

2) To return to your current state, you have to back up the system and data partitions, not just files. Restoring them both will give you back the phone you have now. Neither adb nor TB will do that, you'll need a custom recovery (like TWRP).

(You could do it from adb - if you know how to use dd to make a partition image file, and you know where the partitions are on the ROM you're using now. Someone on Google Nexus 5 Forum | Google Nexus 5 Reviews and Related Info might know.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz