Factory resetting

Suren Manukyan

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys. Anyone knows how can I do a factory reset without losing TWRP? My phone started lagging recently and I don't like it. I think factory reset Will solve my problem.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wiping Cache and Data (NOT System) partitions will effectively give you a "factory" condition, leaving root and rom intact. You can do this from within TWRP.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
And do you think it will solve my lagging problem?

A "factory reset" in either form, will delete your data (hence wiping the "data" partition). Unless your data (like music, videos, pictures) are on a different partition or SD card. Then it won't be touched. Generally the only time the System partition is touched, is during a manufacturer/carrier pushed update, so that partition should generally remain pristine. [see caveat below]

As far as it solving your software issue, that could be due to many different factors. For starters, you've got TWRP bootloader, which tells me that you've probably done some changes to "system" software. If the lag is caused by hardware or a failed tweak in the system partition, than NO, it won't help. If it's caused by a faulty program or regular software setting, than it most certainly will solve it. Without knowing what you or anyone else did to your system partition, I can't say for sure either way.

Suren Manukyan

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
A "factory reset" in either form, will delete your data (hence wiping the "data" partition). Unless your data (like music, videos, pictures) are on a different partition or SD card. Then it won't be touched. Generally the only time the System partition is touched, is during a manufacturer/carrier pushed update, so that partition should generally remain pristine. [see caveat below]

As far as it solving your software issue, that could be due to many different factors. For starters, you've got TWRP bootloader, which tells me that you've probably done some changes to "system" software. If the lag is caused by hardware or a failed tweak in the system partition, than NO, it won't help. If it's caused by a faulty program or regular software setting, than it most certainly will solve it. Without knowing what you or anyone else did to your system partition, I can't say for sure either way.
Well actually I haven't touched my system partition in any form hence I have a systemless SuperSU and don't have Xposed. Also I don't have any custom Roms installed( idontlikesuchthings). And thanks for the information

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well actually I haven't touched my system partition in any form hence I have a systemless SuperSU and don't have Xposed. Also I don't have any custom Roms installed( idontlikesuchthings). And thanks for the information

Then it should fix things. Worse case, since it's a nexus, you can very easily get the factory firmware, and re-install twrp afterwards. It's good to have options. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463