2 New Nexus Phones?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah will be interesting to see these two devices.

Leaning towards the 5.2" LG model only because I tend to prefer smaller phones over 5.7"+ ones. But that 3,500mah battery sounds really tempting too.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll be extremely disappointed if that 2700 size is true. I've been patiently waiting for a premium device with a larger battery, and was hoping the 5.2" Nexus would meet some of my expectations, battery being the most important of em.

Combine that with the 808 chip, which will be right around the 820 release, and there's 0 reason to buy it IMO. I'd rather get the G4. The price is reasonable and it has the bigger battery. Why any phone has less than 3200 mAh is mind blowing.

Hopefully the Moto X will work out, cause other than the G4 I've been disappointed with Android this year. Lollipop is a disaster and standby battery drain is nowhere near as good as the iPhone. I've never considered one before, but unless I see significant improvements, I'll take a look at the 6s+ and consider the 5.7" Nexus if the 3500 battery comes to fruition.

BT battery size and Lollipop, Android is becoming a joke.

Posted via the Android Central App

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually, a story on PocketNow now states that the 5.7" phone is the LG phone.

Pocketnow is just saying the code names are flipped. Android Police has updated their report with the same ASOP commit and is still saying that LG is making the smaller one.

Posted via Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll be extremely disappointed if that 2700 size is true. I've been patiently waiting for a premium device with a larger battery, and was hoping the 5.2" Nexus would meet some of my expectations, battery being the most important of em.

Combine that with the 808 chip, which will be right around the 820 release, and there's 0 reason to buy it IMO. I'd rather get the G4. The price is reasonable and it has the bigger battery. Why any phone has less than 3200 mAh is mind blowing.

Hopefully the Moto X will work out, cause other than the G4 I've been disappointed with Android this year. Lollipop is a disaster and standby battery drain is nowhere near as good as the iPhone. I've never considered one before, but unless I see significant improvements, I'll take a look at the 6s+ and consider the 5.7" Nexus if the 3500 battery comes to fruition.

BT battery size and Lollipop, Android is becoming a joke.

I think 2700mAh is a competent size for a 5.2" screen. Granted, I'd love 3000mAh+, but if Google are serious about this Android M battery saving/ram management stuff, then we could see pretty decent battery life out of the LG Nexus phone.

What I'm mostly interested in though is the camera. While you may have been disappointed with the 2015 flagships, I don't think many people can be disappointed with the cameras the S6 and G4 have. That's the standard that the new Nexus devices have to achieve imo.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think 2700mAh is a competent size for a 5.2" screen. Granted, I'd love 3000mAh+, but if Google are serious about this Android M battery saving/ram management stuff, then we could see pretty decent battery life out of the LG Nexus phone.

What I'm mostly interested in though is the camera. While you may have been disappointed with the 2015 flagships, I don't think many people can be disappointed with the cameras the S6 and G4 have. That's the standard that the new Nexus devices have to achieve imo.

I hope you're right but I'm skeptical as Android has been talking about better battery management for years, specifically idle drain, which still doesn't come close to Apple ... remember the hype around battery life around the Nexus 6 and Silver? it's decent, but well short of their own expectations

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd much rather have the lg 5.7 I love my nexus 5. And if its anything like the g4 I'll be buying it

Posted via Android Central App

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

I thought with a little Patience the N5 camera was OK. It was better than the iPhone 4s that I came from anyway. I would love to see a camera on par with the G4 but would rather see the price point brought back to the N4 and N5. I was not pleased with how expensive the N6 was. That being said, I did buy my N5 on contract with Sprint but would be much happier paying 350 off contract this go around.

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I don't see the point in having the 2 phones be 0.5" apart. Was there a need to make the normal sized phone 5.2"? 5.0 would make people who hate large phones a lot happier. When will the screen sizes stop increasing? It makes no sense because its quite obvious by sales that a majority of people do not want phablets, they want a phone.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the point in having the 2 phones be 0.5" apart. Was there a need to make the normal sized phone 5.2"? 5.0 would make people who hate large phones a lot happier. When will the screen sizes stop increasing? It makes no sense because its quite obvious by sales that a majority of people do not want phablets, they want a phone.
Says who? What part of the world? At least in the US bigger phones must sell or they wouldn't be getting bigger.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

The current standard has increased from 5.0 to 5.2... IMHO it's because the bezel or edge of the screen and the edge of the phone has gotten much smaller.

And sure the phablet size screens might not be too popular in the US, but we are talking about a Chinese company who might make the first Nexus device for Google, and just maybe this is a good size for the Asian market. They will know their market just a little better than we know their market.

Times change, and so does the demand for smartphones... only time will tell where things go from here. There is no way people would have seen where the smartphone market has gone over the last 10-15 years.

Dirtman16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

There's a pretty big area difference between a 5.2 and 5.7 inch phone. Around 20% depending on exact aspect ratio. And I agree the reduced bezels on many of the newer Android devices in particular make 5.2 inch screens more pocketable.

2010 ZR1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The current standard has increased from 5.0 to 5.2... IMHO it's because the bezel or edge of the screen and the edge of the phone has gotten much smaller.

And sure the phablet size screens might not be too popular in the US, but we are talking about a Chinese company who might make the first Nexus device for Google, and just maybe this is a good size for the Asian market. They will know their market just a little better than we know their market.

Times change, and so does the demand for smartphones... only time will tell where things go from here. There is no way people would have seen where the smartphone market has gone over the last 10-15 years.

Do you even Nexus? Google hand chooses hardware they want to be used as standard. The Nexus line is a reference device. If anyone knows what is selling the best, it's Google.

Whether the large screens are a fad or here to stay, anyone looking to make a profit on cell phones would be a fool not to offer an option for that part of the market. Not offering the option is saying no for the customer.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you even Nexus? Google hand chooses hardware they want to be used as standard. The Nexus line is a reference device. If anyone knows what is selling the best, it's Google.

Whether the large screens are a fad or here to stay, anyone looking to make a profit on cell phones would be a fool not to offer an option for that part of the market. Not offering the option is saying no for the customer.

I'd say Samsung might disagree with your statement.... you have heard of the Note line... this happened a LOT sooner than the Nexus 6. And I do believe Samsung has definitely outsold Google in devices... even if you let Google count all their Nexus devices as their own, which they really shouldn't since they did not really build the hardware.

But I guess we are not hear to talk about Samsung. Personally, I'm looking forward the new LG Nexus.

2010 ZR1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd say Samsung might disagree with your statement.... you have heard of the Note line... this happened a LOT sooner than the Nexus 6. And I do believe Samsung has definitely outsold Google in devices... even if you let Google count all their Nexus devices as their own, which they really shouldn't since they did not really build the hardware.

But I guess we are not hear to talk about Samsung. Personally, I'm looking forward the new LG Nexus.

The Note is a good example of putting the option of a large screen out there for people and people choosing it.

I really loved the look of the Nexus 5 so I would be excited for the LG version as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo