From OnLeaks, Get Excited

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Am I allowed to ask, did the iPhone 6S do it for anyone who may have been considering a Nexus?

For me, I thought 3D touch is only good for gamers, but not very useful anywhere else.

I still think I will get the Nexus

I'm offended at that question, lol ... just kidding, I'm no hater, my macbook pro in 2010 was one of the best devices I've ever owned.

though I'm always impressed with iPhones optimization, I didn't get much out of today. I did like the camera upgrades though. it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the S6

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm offended at that question, lol ... just kidding, I'm no hater, my macbook pro in 2010 was one of the best devices I've ever owned.

though I'm always impressed with iPhones optimization, I didn't get much out of today. I did like the camera upgrades though. it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the S6

Aaah Apple win the laptop battle every time for me. There isn't even a contest on that one

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Am I allowed to ask, did the iPhone 6S do it for anyone who may have been considering a Nexus?

For me, I thought 3D touch is only good for gamers, but not very useful anywhere else.

I still think I will get the Nexus

I have an iPhone 6 now, and I'm still getting a Nexus. Apple didn't improve the display, and it seems like they've added features that will actually decrease battery life, so I don't want it. I just need the Nexus to deliver a good camera and I'll be satisfied if the battery life is what I'm expecting.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 now, and I'm still getting a Nexus. Apple didn't improve the display, and it seems like they've added features that will actually decrease battery life, so I don't want it. I just need the Nexus to deliver a good camera and I'll be satisfied if the battery life is what I'm expecting.

Oooh I never thought about the battery life. That force touch might burn through the battery

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Oooh I never thought about the battery life. That force touch might burn through the battery

That and the new "live photos" (seriously, Apple?) have me worried. I think the camera automatically captures 1.5 seconds before and after, so it must always be recording something and throwing it away. The iPhone 6 battery life wasn't even good to begin with.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That and the new "live photos" (seriously, Apple?) have me worried. I think the camera automatically captures 1.5 seconds before and after, so it must always be recording something and throwing it away. The iPhone 6 battery life wasn't even good to begin with.

isn't the battery on the 6s smaller than the 6?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
us android fans actually need iPhone fans to start demanding bigger batteries .... they have the power to move the needle across the entire industry.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Artem Russakovskii (Android Police) is saying that they will launch with version 3.0 of the camera app, which will include burst mode and full implementation of camera 2 api (finally). He also mentions 120/240 fps video in his G+ feed.

I generally find the guy to be rock solid with his insider knowledge, so I imagine this is as safe as a rumour can be.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
A nexus with duel curved screen is a very stupid idea that would jack up the price while offering no additional function. Even s6 edge fans admit is mainly a cosmetic feature.

On the other hand would I be in favor of the nexus 6x waiting to 2016 to launch with a 820 processor? That depends, if the screen is still 5.5 inches than I say it is not a phablet and should be cast into the flames of hell.

If it has at least a 5.7 inch screen and a battery that is at least 3500 mAh then yes.

Anything to do the monstrosity that is currently rumored.

And regarding the rumored price I would point out that the article said $450-$550, so it could be priced $550/$600 at which point is spec downgrades over the nexus 6 make it an insult to nexus phablet enthusiasts.

Even $450/$500 doesn't make sense given the kind of competition for great specced cheap phones nexus is facing this year, with the moto x PE being the Vanguard of a new wave in great value.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
A nexus with duel curved screen is a very stupid idea that would jack up the price while offering no additional function. Even s6 edge fans admit is mainly a cosmetic feature.

On the other hand would I be in favor of the nexus 6x waiting to 2016 to launch with a 820 processor? That depends, if the screen is still 5.5 inches than I say it is not a phablet and should be cast into the flames of hell.

If it has at least a 5.7 inch screen and a battery that is at least 3500 mAh then yes.

Anything to do the monstrosity that is currently rumored.

lol, I love reading your posts about large screens! I'll gladly wait a few months if it means an 820, bit that article was total BS so it's just conversation.

my nexus 6 arrived today. upgraded from a nexus 4, and I gotta say, I really like not buying a phone every year. I can afford it, but I upgrade when I feel necessary, and until that $350 popped up, I just didn't see the need.

point is when you upgrade every year, the difference isn't huge. ever 3 years makes it special.

that said, the 810 in the Hauwei Nexus gives me any problems I'll be getting the 2016 Nexus our maybe even the M10 if they don't **** up.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
lol, I love reading your posts about large screens! I'll gladly wait a few months if it means an 820, bit that article was total BS so it's just conversation.

my nexus 6 arrived today. upgraded from a nexus 4, and I gotta say, I really like not buying a phone every year. I can afford it, but I upgrade when I feel necessary, and until that $350 popped up, I just didn't see the need.

point is when you upgrade every year, the difference isn't huge. ever 3 years makes it special.

that said, the 810 in the Hauwei Nexus gives me any problems I'll be getting the 2016 Nexus our maybe even the M10 if they don't **** up.

Report back on the battery life on your new Nexus for us. Enjoy!

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That would be cool if it is that price..$550. For 64 gb. That would meet one of my three conditions for me to get it...

I'm more concerned about specs/features than price. I'm more than willing to pay for a premium Nexus. I'd honestly pay $1000 if they put in a 4200 mAh battery with the rumored specs. Obviously I'd prefer $550, but that's how bad I want stock + battery.

I'm sure a line would form behind me pretty quickly.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Report back on the battery life on your new Nexus for us. Enjoy!

Posted via the Android Central App

I'll give it 2 weeks and report back. So far I'm surprised with how well the camera is performing, and needless to say it flies. I play clash of clans a lot and this is perfect. it's gonna put my iPad Mini out of business. Also the speakers is great. I'm on speaker phone often and this is a monster improvement. I'll never be able to go back to bottom/rear.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
courtesy of our friend at OnLeaks ... I'm hoping they didn't have a photo of the front so just made it up. I've never seen so much bezel on a phone made after 2010.

I've said aesthetics wouldn't factor into my decision, but there are exceptions to every rule and this would certainly qualify.

I know they're just rumors, but 2700 mAh, 2GB RAM, and now this? Hopefully this isn't what it'll look like, cause there's 0 chance I'd be interested.

Attachments

• IMG_20150909_235859.jpg
    IMG_20150909_235859.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 47

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
courtesy of our friend at OnLeaks ... I'm hoping they didn't have a photo of the front so just made it up. I've never seen so much bezel on a phone made after 2010.

I've said aesthetics wouldn't factor into my decision, but there are exceptions to every rule and this would certainly qualify.

I know they're just rumors, but 2700 mAh, 2GB RAM, and now this? Hopefully this isn't what it'll look like, cause there's 0 chance I'd be interested.

Yikes. That bezel is humongous. Hopefully the real device will stretch out on the front more. That doesn't even look reasonable.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yikes. That bezel is humongous. Hopefully the real device will stretch out on the front more. That doesn't even look reasonable.

I've never seen rumors on any phone all over the map than this years Nexus. I also find it odd all the leaks have been about the LG version, with very little about the Hauwei.

Makes me wonder if it'll be release at a layer date. Personally, I'd love if they had a similar cycle to the S6 and Note. I'd gladly wait until 2016 (as long as it's the first quarter) if it meant the 820.

I don't think it'll look as ugly as the renders we saw though. I also think since there hasn't been anything on the front of the LG version, that picture was photo shopped. I mean, I can't imagine Google would release a phone with THAT much bezel. It's hideous.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I like the cut off your jib. I too feel it better to honor the sacred commitment one makes to their phone, a sense of loyalty that causes me to treasure my nexus 6 with its awe inspiring screen and wondrous speakers that Fill both my house and my soul with sound and joy.

As long as the nexus 6 is upgraded I will cling to this phone like a dog to a bone and ride it into the ground, no matter how weak the battery gets, even if I need to keep the phone permanently charging on an external battery case.

Finally when the last android upgrade happens I'll wait another year just so that the difference between the flagship of 2014 and 2018 or 2019 is so great as to be truly earth shaking and make me weep with joy.

I'm the same with cars. Own it until it falls to pieces then speeding for a fully loaded new dream car to own over the next 20 years. The change in car tech makes it fell like a spaceship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo