We've seen the picture, now what features/specs do you hope to see?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
5.2" 1080p display
3200 mAh battery
620 processor
front facing speakers
solid camera (slightly below S6/G4 ... not expecting OIS but I'll take it)
64GB
3GB RAM
fingerprint sensor
USB-C
quick charge
NFC
matte plastic (similar to Nexus 5) aluminum frame
able to use on Verizon
$450

I always welcome a larger battery, but for me personally, this would be absolutely perfect. The one feature I left off that I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with is wireless charging. I just don't see myself using it.

I also balanced the price with specs. I'd rather see slightly less RAM, processor speed, and a 1080p display so that the price can stay below $500.

And I don't want or need a high end camera like on the S6. I mean, if they throw in the same one as the G4 and don't charge an extra $100, trust me, I'll take it, but I'll judge the camera on its own merit and will be more than satisfied with an iPhone 5s or even Nexus 6 like performance.

And a removable battery and SD slot would be great, but I'm trying to be realistic, not just creating some fantasy device that'll never happen.

All this, on an unlocked phone, running stock Android M with no carrier branding or bloatware. For me personally, it'd be as close to the perfect phone as I've ever seen.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
For the 2015 Nexus 5:

1080p display rather than Quad HD
2800 mAh battery (more is welcome!)
Snapdragon 808
Significant upgrades to the camera (hoping for the G4's sensor)
Fast charging
Fast wireless charging would be a nice bonus, but that's not a requirement
$399 starting price point for 32GB

The original Nexus 5 had OIS, so that should be easy. The camera is really the last area where the Nexus program needs to really step it up. They've had mostly passable cameras in the past, but I think Google and LG/Huawei can figure out how to get a really good camera and keep the price down. They can skip the Quad HD display and the IR blasters and other super high-end features.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
#1. Yes, please!!! I am not a fan of hybrid sized devices.
#2. I will even accept a 2800.
#3. Why not?
#4. Nice to have but not required. I kind of miss them from my M8, but it's not like I am dying without them.
#5. The camera is actually one of the last things I look at. But I understand that is just me; I know a lot of people depend on their phone camera.
#6. 32/64 would be even better. 32 is very comfortable for me, but options are always nice.
#7. Yup.
#8. I can pass on this
#9-#12. Yes, please!
#13. For people on Verizon, yes.
#14. Even $500 for 64 GB storage would be fine with me. Still lower than the Moto.

Good list here, though. I can't think of anything that was missed.

SZQnl

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
For the LG Nexus 5 2015, similar to your list and similar to my LG G2!
  • 5.2" 1080p display
  • Dimensions: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm (same as LG G2. Common, it's 2 years old, surely they can match it with latest tech and manufacturing advances!)
  • 3000-3200 mAh battery
  • 620 processor
  • front facing speakers (although can do without if it keeps dimensions down)
  • good 13mp+ camera + OIS (laser focus would be nice)
  • 64GB
  • 3GB RAM
  • fingerprint sensor
  • USB-C
  • quick charge (wireless charge nice to have)
  • NFC
  • FM Radio (not a deal breaker but I use it a lot, especially when abroad)
  • IR Blaster (also not a deal breaker but quite handy)
  • good quality soft-touch plastic with a metal frame (anything but glossy plastic and not a fan of glass cover either)
  • Price: don't mind paying a little more for my ideal phone $450-600, just not silly prices like Apple and Samsung flagships

Also, other bits that we kind of take for granted: led notification, AGPS etc (don't start removing features like Samsung have recently). Personally not bothered about SDCard or removable battery.

Please! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie