New Nexus 5 from Carriers or just Google?

Turns31

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry been an iPhone guy my whole life but I'm making the switch. Live in KC so I have Sprint and was wondering if they typically offer the Nexus phones when they're launched or if I have to get it from Google and have Sprint activate it. Checked on their site and they're selling the 6 on their currently.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, you'll most likely get it quicker buying direct from Google. When the two new ones are launched (around Halloween), baring any supply issues, you'll be able to order them from the Play Store before they show up on store shelves. I think the quickest carrier to put out the Nexus 6 was T-Mobile, but that was still a couple of weeks after Google officially launched it.

But whether you buy from Sprint or Google (or whoever), it is the same phone.

Turns31

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
But I'm eligible for the 2 year upgrade and I was planning to buy the phone subsidized from Sprint for $199.99 or whatever. If I buy directly from Google do I just pay the full price for the phone?

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you buy it off contract so it's full price. Although if you hold out you might get a good subsidized price from Sprint. I bought my N5 for 14.99 on a 2 year agreement.

Posted via the Android Central App

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of getting Huawei nexus . I have AT&T under next plan.. Thinking of either plans of......
A..
Buy huawei directly from google Keep moto nexus payoff keep as a spare or let daughter (8yrs old) play games on it... Unfortunately would cost me more than if I would have bought it thru Google directly...

B.
Trade it in around January just to make sure Huawei is what I really want and see if the bugs are if any solved... Buy my daughter a tablet for Xmas.....2013 or 2012 nexus 7

C.. Keep moto nexus 6 and just wait till 2016....

love my Nexus 6 but been watching videos, researching Huawei and u gotta say there products are awesome especially the P8 ,P8 max.....
The idea of a finger scanner and possible a massive battery just really has me on the fence..... Just my thoughts...... Lol... damn technology.... Too many goodies out there

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would expect Google to have carrier partners for the next Nexus phones.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I would expect Google to have carrier partners for the next Nexus phones.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

I agree. If Fi is something they plan to get our to the public sooner than later, which I assume it is, they'll definitely want to partner with carriers. Hopefully VZ will get them in stock sooner than they did with the Nexus 6 ... I doubt it though. And I wouldn't be shocked if they only carried the LG version.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
There will likely be a Verizon variant. The question is, will Verizon activate it? 😯

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Latest rumors are Huawei nexus will have 5.5 inch 2k screen, 3500 mAh battery, and 32/64 gb versions will cost $650/$700.

Oh and it comes with a SD 810.

Now who is still excited about this thing and wouldn't rather buy a $400 64 gb nexus 6 on amazon?

Better hurry while they still have some in Stock.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Going back to the Galaxy Nexus, Verizon has had a dubious track record w/the Nexus program.

[Shocker] Even After Launching The Nexus 6, Verizon Still Won't Officially Activate One That Wasn't Purchased From The Carrier

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yes, but Verizon is slowing changing its ways. They change their policy at the end of August (http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/26/verizon-unlocked-phones-nexus-6/) and are allowing the Moto X Pure Edition to be activated on their network (http://www.droid-life.com/2015/09/09/verizon-will-allow-you-to-activate-the-moto-x-pure-edition/).

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Latest rumors are Huawei nexus will have 5.5 inch 2k screen, 3500 mAh battery, and 32/64 gb versions will cost $650/$700.

Oh and it comes with a SD 810.

Now who is still excited about this thing and wouldn't rather buy a $400 64 gb nexus 6 on amazon?

Better hurry while they still have some in Stock.

I am, just not excited ENOUGH. I may wait for an SD820 powered Nexus, unless the 6 inch screen gets to me (it is awfully big).

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
But I'm eligible for the 2 year upgrade and I was planning to buy the phone subsidized from Sprint for $199.99 or whatever. If I buy directly from Google do I just pay the full price for the phone?

Yes you would pay full price from Google. One option is to get a subsidized phone from Sprint and sell it. Use the cash to buy the Nexus. This is what I did last fall after the Nexus 6 was released. I'm on Verizon. I used my upgrade to get an iPhone 6 and then sold it. The price I got for it almost exactly paid for a 64GB Nexus 6 from Motorola.

I did this before Verizon carried the Nexus 6. I could have waited and used my upgrade for it, but I didn't know yet if Verizon would modify it (as it turned out the only thing they did was put their logo on it), not to mention I didn't want to wait!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX