Going to have 2 phones? Nexus 2015 and ?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The latest smart phones are my only vice. I don't spend much on myself for anything else. I drive a boring car, don't wear fancy clothes so I splurge on this one thing and I'm pretty darn happy with it. :)

I'm completely on board with u ... I have a nice leather couch that'll last me a lifetime, and other than that it's tech and sneakers that I splurge on. phones I get every 2-3 years so it frees me up for other stuff. actually been downsizing the home audio recently. just not into surround sound and the whole system anymore. prefer the flexibility of just have a few bluetooth speakers lying around the house!

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I will have my current phone, Moto X 2013 & hopefully a new LG Nexus.... If it will work on Verizon by just putting my existing SIM in it. Verizon Unlimited data is awesome. Great coverage & fast everywhere. I am currently 40 miles from any city or town in the mountains motorcycle camping & am getting 15 down & 5 up with a 34ms ping. Amazing!

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going to assume the camera is average on the Nexus. So I'd probably get a top if the line camera phone. Note 4 (hate the new design on the back of the 5), G4 or maybe Z5 depending on how it turned out. Maybe even the soon to be released Windows 10 phone, as I've had 3 WP devices before getting this current Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
1. Nexus 5x or 6p depending on 5x battery life (also looking at 2015 Moto X Pure)

2. Alcatel idol 3/G4 (might sell)/G2

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm just going to assume the camera is average on the Nexus. So I'd probably get a top if the line camera phone. Note 4 (hate the new design on the back of the 5), G4 or maybe Z5 depending on how it turned out. Maybe even the soon to be released Windows 10 phone, as I've had 3 WP devices before getting this current Note 4.

What do you think of the new Nexus cameras since launch?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What 2nd phone is everyone going to be using in addition to their shiny brand new Nexus 2015? I know not everyone keeps 2 phones at once but I'm guessing a great number of you will.

For me, the perfect combo is:

1. Nexus 5x - This phone will 2 needs: my android fix (pure android at that), and a smaller / more pocketable phone. The Nexus 5 was my favorite phone of all time despite it's flaws. Ever since, I've been clamoring for an updated version of this phone. I'm getting this one no matter what. I'll be ordering this one the second it's available. Just need to decide if I want to stay with the black or go white.

2. iPhone 6s Plus - This phone complements the Nexus and fills the other needs: my iOS fix, and a larger phone with more real estate. In addition, this will be my go to phone for taking pictures and videos. I have this one pre-ordered and will be getting it on launch day.

I plan to switch back and forth between the 2 depending on the mood I'm in or where I'm at or what I'm going to be doing. On the days when I'm out and about more and have to pocket my phone more, I'll bring the Nexus. On the days when I'm stuck in the office I'll probably bring the iPhone.

What is your perfect combo? :D

This is my exact combo

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm running tandem Nexus 5X (VZW) and Samsung S5 (T-Mo). If the 5X works well, I'll pick up a 6P to replace the S5. Ideally I'd like to see a dual SIM Nexus, and I'd carry one phone.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6s +, 6P landing Monday, will be returning my 5X since pre ordered HTC A9 which I prefer to 5X since 6P will satisfy my pure Android experience. Think this will do for the next few months until the next wave of flagships release.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
At the moment my primary device is a Sony xperia z2 but I couldn't resist getting the Nexus 5x when it came out. Just wanted to go back to the Pure Android experience.

I will eventually sell my Xperia z2 and stick to Nexus devices.

Posted by my Superia z2

bchaplin

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I already own an iPhone 6S+, which I use on Verizon. I can't see giving up that line, because I travel within the United States to rural areas where it gives me good coverage. Fortunately I bought into the 2GB single line plan when it was offered, so my monthly bill with them is dramatically lower than it used to be.

The Nexus 5X on Project Fi will be for my use when I travel to other countries, which happens a few times a year. (Sometimes I buy local SIM cards, but this can be problematic at times, and it means that I don't have a working phone for the first few days of my trips.) The international plan was my main impetus to buy it, and I've been waiting for other phones besides the Nexus 6 to be offered. I also like the idea of having a smaller, cheaper phone to use if I have concerns about it being stolen or lost (out late at night, going to the beach, etc.), or to lend out to a family member if they should need a phone temporarily.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This is my exact combo

My ultimate hope someday is to get away from my iPhone but I always go back so I always keep one in addition to my Android. Hoping maybe the 5x can permanently pull me away from my iPhone. I've only been using my 5x two days now and haven't once missed my iPhone but it's still the honeymoon period. What are your thoughts so far?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12