FCC confirms all US CDMA, HSPA and LTE frequencies are supported

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd be surprised if it came with Band 12 enabled and T-Mobile VoLTE support on day one.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
May or may not have wireless charging? (per Android Police) You mean I might not be able to use my Nexus brand QI charger on a Nexus phone? Also, current Nexus 5 has GSM bands of 850/900/1800/1900. I need 900 or 1800 for when I am over-seas for 2 weeks every year and that is not in the FCC listing. This could be a deal breaker for me.

The specs are out now and it does include the other GSM bands I need, but no QI charging (with my OEM Nexus charger) is a deal breaker for me. Also, a nano SIM will be a PITA for me when trying to get a new card in Eastern Europe. Think I will pass on Nexus devices again this year.

hytekjosh

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I read there are some issues with the Galaxy S6 and some newer phones on Verizon being unable to do native simultaneous voice + data. I think because of a limit of the # of radios and/or antennas. What can we expect with the 5X on VZW? Thank you!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I read there are some issues with the Galaxy S6 and some newer phones on Verizon being unable to do native simultaneous voice + data. I think because of a limit of the # of radios and/or antennas. What can we expect with the 5X on VZW? Thank you!

Enable Enhanced 4G LTE on the phone and turn on Advanced Calling 1.0 on the line.

hytekjosh

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Enable Enhanced 4G LTE on the phone and turn on Advanced Calling 1.0 on the line.

That will be available day one? I was reading that some carriers won't have it ready. Also, that is only good if you always have strong LTE signal. When I'm in NYC, driving, or in buildings, what have you, my phone frequently jumps between 1x, 3G, and LTE depending on the signals available (a lot of building repeater systems do not repeat LTE) so I will get dropped calls and if no 3g then 1x data. Really wish they included an Ev radio!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That will be available day one? I was reading that some carriers won't have it ready. Also, that is only good if you always have strong LTE signal. When I'm in NYC, driving, or in buildings, what have you, my phone frequently jumps between 1x, 3G, and LTE depending on the signals available (a lot of building repeater systems do not repeat LTE) so I will get dropped calls and if no 3g then 1x data. Really wish they included an Ev radio!

Been available on my Moto X Pure Edition day 1. Don't see why it would be different on this phone.

hytekjosh

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Been available on my Moto X Pure Edition day 1. Don't see why it would be different on this phone.

For some reason thought the carrier had to certify the device before they would enable or it would be compatible. I could be wrong though. Was reading threads where I believe folks were saying T-Mobile or Spring is slow with this stuff.

I am contemplating switching to AT&T because the phone would be able to do simultaneous voice + data without requiring advanced calling and such. Anyone know how AT&T voice quality is these days?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For some reason thought the carrier had to certify the device before they would enable or it would be compatible. I could be wrong though. Was reading threads where I believe folks were saying T-Mobile or Spring is slow with this stuff.

I am contemplating switching to AT&T because the phone would be able to do simultaneous voice + data without requiring advanced calling and such. Anyone know how AT&T voice quality is these days?

I believe VoLTE support is built into Android.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm so jacked about all the frequency support of the 5x - coming from the N4 I should see a bump - plus I have a conspiracy theory going... does anyone think that TMO is sacrificing their great HSPA network as they roll out LTE? Seems like coverage has become worse with each passing month with my N4.

hytekjosh

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a lot of friends and offices that have cell phone amplifier / extender systems. Verizon's extender for the home does not even repeat LTE. With no 3G radio this phone will be only able to do 1x for voice/data?! I think its also crazy that pure data devices such as the MiFi/personal hotspots still include ability to do EvDo Rev A yet phones don't!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of friends and offices that have cell phone amplifier / extender systems. Verizon's extender for the home does not even repeat LTE. With no 3G radio this phone will be only able to do 1x for voice/data?! I think its also crazy that pure data devices such as the MiFi/personal hotspots still include ability to do EvDo Rev A yet phones don't!

No 3G radio?

Network
North America:
GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
CDMA: BC0/1/10
LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29
LTE (TDD): B41
LTE CA DL: B2-B2, B2-B4, B2-B5, B2-B12, B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-B29, B4-B4, B4-B5, B4-B7, B4-B12, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29, B41-B41

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis