General Chat Thread for the Future/Potential Nexus 5X Owners

Sn1p3rOG

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
We'll see how this goes...

Thought I would create a general chat thread for all of us future or potential Nexus 5X owners until the phone is released/delivered.

I for one am very exciting to return to the Android/Nexus family after using iPhones for the last 2-3 years. I will still keep my iPhone 6 around and activated every so often. I like using both ecosystems very much and can switch between them pretty seamlessly.

Besides checking out this forum, what are YOU doing to keep yourself busy until the phone is released?

MJR74

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I would like to get the nexus 5x or 6p, but... My question is, will the Att store carry this when released? I'd really like to feel this phone in my hand first, especially the 6p to see if I'm ok with that large of a size. Also, I was wondering if it was available at the Att store and purchase it on the Next program? Does anyone know about this?

Posted via Android Central App

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My N4 is currently on its death bed after I accidentally left it to get melted on my car dash. I cant wait for my 5x to arrive.

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
My N5 is trucking along, but it really gets only 4 hrs on the battery during normal use which is about half of what it was when i bought it (launch day). I want my N5x so I can migrate to Project Fi and I can finally leave my charger at home when I go out. I ordered the black 32 gb n5x. I didn't like the way the white one looks (My n5 is white) and I have a love/hate thing going on with the ice blue. If google had offered the n5x in red like the n5 I would have been all over that.

jackhannaford

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Keeping myself busy by trying not to smash my freezing crashing stuttering stalling battery-draining soul-sucking entropy-enticing LG G3 against a wall or other hard surface.

Also pestering my girlfriend endlessly with screenshots of the order page showing "Preordered" and not "Dispatched".

You know, the little things in life to keep myself occupied ;)

I don't suppose anyone can offer some inside scoop as to when the N5x will be dispatched in the UK? I ordered before the link went live (by "cracking the da-vinci code" in the url bar), so would like to think I'll be one of the first!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I was looking through the dimensions of the 5X and realized, especially after comparing the rest of the specs, that this phone has quite a lot in common with the HTC One M8. Although it's not confirmed, the 1080p display could be SCLD3, and it's only .2 inches larger. The 5X is only a fraction taller and wider, but weighs considerably less. They both have 2GB of RAM, but the 5X uses a more powerful, more efficient processor with a lower clock speed. The battery is 100 mah larger than the 2600 mah battery in the M8. Aside from the obvious difference in materials used, it gives me a pretty good idea of what the dimensions will be and I had zero issues with the M8. I'm also encouraged to see better battery life due to the more efficient processor, slightly larger battery, and more efficient software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech