Nexus 5X vs Moto X Play

Grobi93

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
It depends on how much the 5X will cost here in Europe. I've heard that it will cost around 430 - 450 euro at least. And if this pricing turns out to be true then X Play for sure, because it is around 350e. I dislike the fact that you get a 615 for 350e, though. For that price you should get something beefier IMO, a 8xx, maybe an older 8xx but still, not a 615.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the moto X play about a week after it was released rather than waiting for the nexus. Coming from high end phones I do get annoyed by the occasional lag on the play but apart from that I'm really pleased. The only think the nexus has going for it in my eyes is the fingerprint scanner, otherwise I'd rate the play higher. It's cheaper, has a bigger battery and bigger screen. It feels great in hand and now I'm used to it I wouldn't want to go back to the smaller screen on the 5x. If marshmallow reduces lag and jerkiness on the play then I'll be completely satisfied with my choice

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I decided not to wait for the 5X and bought the Play almost a couple of months ago. Here in Brazil phones are quite expensive but I grabbed a really good offer and never regretted my choice. Both phones are similar in size with the Play having a bigger screen, and a very good one :)

If you're not in a hurry wait for some reviews about the camera, battery life, price and such and then make your decision. But if you decide to buy the Play it won't disappoint you. It's great value for money.

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No Gyroscope is a bit annoying though. Why would Moto omit that sensor? If VR or YouTube 360 takes off. The X Play can't participate.

Grobi93

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
It just baffles me why they didn't include a gyroscope in a phone likes the X Play.. I mean really? It is a freaking sensor, it shouldn't cost that much...

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Held a Moto X Play today and I have to admit it felt pretty good in the hand. Never thought a phone that big could be as comfortable as it was. Still, the screen size was too big for me personally and I'm going with a 5x. I don't expect the Play to be a bad choice.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what features you value.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What do you think, which are the values of the X Play and the 5X?

We need to wait for the Nexus 5X reviews but I would mark these values.

Moto X Play.

Price.
Availability.
Bigger battery and screen.
Better screen to body ratio.
SD card.
Dual sim (in some markets).
Moto maker.

Nexus 5X.

Better specs on paper and, most likely, performance.
Fingerprint sensor (and a couple more).
And well, it's a Nexus :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12