Nexus Phones prices in canada

carbonilo

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Google nexus phones are supposed to be competitive but it does not seem to be the case with the new nexus phones recently released, in the US they still are. 2 years ago i paid Can $ 359 for an LG Nexus 4 (16 GB) without taxes, this year, when thinking in upgrading to a similar phone which would be the Nexus 5X (16 GB) went to the google store and is listed at Can $ 499 (40 % more). that I don't find competitive anymore. I have read similar threads stating high prices in Europe and Australia. It can't be because of the high US dollar???

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google nexus phones are supposed to be competitive but it does not seem to be the case with the new nexus phones recently released, in the US they still are. 2 years ago i paid Can $ 359 for an LG Nexus 4 (16 GB) without taxes, this year, when thinking in upgrading to a similar phone which would be the Nexus 5X (16 GB) went to the google store and is listed at Can $ 499 (40 % more). that I don't find competitive anymore. I have read similar threads stating high prices in Europe and Australia. It can't be because of the high US dollar???

Phones are getting more expensive but to be honest you're comparing a phone from years ago to now -- The hardware and everything else is different and so are the costs.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
chart

US vs Canadian Dollar.

chart

US vs Australian Dollar

chart

US vs Euro

I wouldn't rule exchange rates out...

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Obviously it's the crap cdn dollar. It was pretty much on par iirc when I bought my nexus 4 3 years ago and now it's around 75 cents so obviously the price is going to be higher this go round. It's not just nexus that's affected, look at any electronics, etc.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Considering $499 Canadian is equal to about $382 USD right now, I'd say that price is pretty spot on (16gb starts at $379 USD stateside).

Posted via the Android Central App

cooperb21

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Its the Canadian dollar. Dont blame google at all ,all prices are up on all products. Games usually sell 60$ now are selling for 75-80$ and most stuff has gone up nothing you can do until dollar goes back if it does at all.