What do you NOT like about your Nexus 5X?

aviseqdas

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
For me the biggest deal killer was speaker phone volume. Absolutely horrible, cant hear anyone unless you are in a quiet place like library or church.
1.USB C cord provided why is it a C to C cable? Should have been a C to B cable.
2.No auto brightness the adaptive display does not work and is pretty annoying if you walk in and out of indoor and bright sunlit areas.
3.Why only 2700 MAH battery? When will companies learn anything less than 3000 is useless
4.No IR blaster no wireless charging and a C to C cable?
5.Headphone jack position is in the worst place.
6.No expandible storage
7.I like the HTC, Sony, Blu and Windows phones for the FM radio. I want to listen to a simple local radio broadcasts (no iheart radio) basically a plan for carriers to sell more data plans.

If the phone came with a bigger battery, louder speaker and a USB C to B cable I think the Nexus 5x would have been a great phone. But these fundamentals are too hard to ignore. I just returned by 5x today after using it for 10 days.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer the headphone placement on the bottom. I put my phone in my pocket top down, so for me when I'm using wired headphones I don't have to rotate the phone so it's going in bottom first. Admittedly though, I use wired headphones far less than I used to.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Size. The footprint is just slightly too tall for my liking. The width and weight are perfect, though.

I don't like the speaker grilles - they collect dirt and dust too easily.

Buttons. They're OK, but not as tactile as the ones on the original N5.

Small list really.

Exalted

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the best hearing and I miss many incoming calls. I have the control set to max but unless I am directly in front of the phone I miss calls

Eurosid

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
1. Lack of SD Card slot. This would have been a deal breaker, except I really wanted to try Fi. It still irritates the hell out of me.
2. No IR Blaster. Absurd.

anon(5518418)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm another who like the headphone jack on the bottom, I am used to iPhones which are always on the bottom, easier to pull the phone out of your pocket connected to headphones with the jack at the bottom.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Audio quality from speaker and headphone jack isn't very good. Sounds much better and louder with Viper4Android and Dolby atmos. Wireless charging and bigger batter would have been great but not that big of a deal with fast charging.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Mostly the camera. No stabilization at all on videos, lack of 60fps video. The still camera although good overall, oversaturated green grass and leaves makes for unrealistic scenery pics.Other than the camera, I actually prefer using it over my S7, but since camera is important to me, the nexus is my backup phone atm.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I wonder what we'll all be moaning about on the smaller of the new Nexii in a couple of months?

Oh, no, not all. It's rarely ever all. It's more often a hardcore of people who love to whine. Someone drops their Nexus, the screen breaks and they don't like Nexus. Nexus, Before I got my Nexus 5x I read reviews of the camera and it generally got excellent reviews but for one Nexus 5x owner his only complaint was the camera.

No, not "all" by any means.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, micro SD card support would be nice. Don't think it will ever happen though. But still, would be nice.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Nexus 5X

anon(9410778)

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Screen size is my largest complaint. I'd prefer a smaller phone. I'm a very large man with large hands but don't want a phone I can feel in my pocket.

Weak speaker and audio output via headphone jack is also weak.

My biggest complaint is 32gb being the largest storage option.

But I love it because it hits most of the things on my list.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
This is possibly the best thread for me, I'm currently really interested in purchasing one for school work. i love the look of it a lot but nice to see what people dislike about it so i can make an informed decision in November this year :D

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Enjoying the 5x even more with dual front speakers, Viper4Android + Dolby Atmos, disabled FPS vibration, double tap to sleep and dark substratum theme.

cunninsa

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Battery. And for some reason sometimes my phone doesn't vibrate or anything when I receive calls and I miss them. A reboot solves it temporarily before it happens again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez