Anyone Set Up Visual Voicemail Yet?

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
The original Nexus 5 was a real pain to download apps for ATT VVM and very clunky to use.

I am now on TMobile and would love to know if you can get your voice messages on a VVM App for the new Nexus 5x on TMobile.

Thx in advance!

Last edited:

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
That is strange... do you have TMo pre-paid? I have a regular post-paid account, with an unlocked phone, and it works great. I get Google Voice visual voicemail on both my tablet and phone, and on the web. I cannot imagine only getting it on the phone now

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I've used Google Voice on T-Mobile for many years with no problems whatsoever. Exactly what do you mean by "Activating the fwd option didn't work for me"? You should be able to login to Google Voice online, then click on:
Settings > Phones tab > Forwards calls to:
...and enter your cellphone number and set options.
So what went wrong for you?

For those who want most of the features of Google Voice but don't need or want a Google Voice number, there's Google Voice Lite:

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115127?hl=en

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
The original Nexus 5 was a real pain to download apps for ATT VVM and very clunky to use.

I am now on TMobile and would love to know if you can get your voice messages on a VVM App for the new Nexus 5x on TMobile.

Thx in advance!

I installed the AT&T VVM app on my 5X with no problems - tested and it works fine - with the exception that the notification icon in the task tray does not go away after retrieving the messages.

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
have you try using the build in visual vm function? I'm on tmobile also and hate the tmobile vm app. love it now visual vm is built in. kinda like the iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 9103.jpg
    9103.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 45

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
have you try using the build in visual vm function? I'm on tmobile also and hate the tmobile vm app. love it now visual vm is built in. kinda like the iPhone.

Posted via the Android Central App

that must of been in that T-Mobile OTA update that I didn't receive (on Verizon). Probably just a T-Mobile feature as I don't have that voicemail tab in my dialer. I'm just using the regular, non-visual voicemail (I rarely get voicemails).

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
that must of been in that T-Mobile OTA update that I didn't receive (on Verizon). Probably just a T-Mobile feature as I don't have that voicemail tab in my dialer. I'm just using the regular, non-visual voicemail (I rarely get voicemails).

O, didn't know that. I do get vm quite often, mostly from my parents. so it is useful.

walkabt

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Tried to get the new integrated voicemail on AT&T. No go... Rep was polite and tried a lot of options, then went around her team. They said they support their application. Looked at the product forums at google and same issue. Looks like those on certain networks get it, those on others don't.

I tried the trick they had there - clear cache and data from the phone, pull the SIM, reboot and put the SIM card back in. Didn't work for me either.

I'll be watching this thread, hoping someone from AT&T gets the integrated VVM working.

walkabt

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Don for the post and the PM. I have the AT&T Visual Voice Mail application, and that works for me, just not the efficiency I would like. I would like to get the integrated visual voice mail built into Android 6 to work with AT&T. This is the fourth (missing) icon in the phone dialer. It would be favorites, history, contacts then visual voicemail. I only have the three icons (favorites, history and contacts). But some on T-Mobile have the integrated VVM.

In searching, I found a post on Engadget from July 16, 2015 discussing it, and mentioning only two carriers currently supported the new feature. Title of the article is "Google will finally add iPhone-like visual voicemail to Android"

If this site is like Windowscentral I don't think I can post a link until I have more posts here under my belt. Interestingly enough, even though the sign on is the same, it doesn't count posts between these two sites together.

Thank you again for your post. I am hoping for the integrated solution.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Don for the post and the PM. I have the AT&T Visual Voice Mail application, and that works for me, just not the efficiency I would like. I would like to get the integrated visual voice mail built into Android 6 to work with AT&T. This is the fourth (missing) icon in the phone dialer. It would be favorites, history, contacts then visual voicemail. I only have the three icons (favorites, history and contacts). But some on T-Mobile have the integrated VVM.

In searching, I found a post on Engadget from July 16, 2015 discussing it, and mentioning only two carriers currently supported the new feature. Title of the article is "Google will finally add iPhone-like visual voicemail to Android"

If this site is like Windowscentral I don't think I can post a link until I have more posts here under my belt. Interestingly enough, even though the sign on is the same, it doesn't count posts between these two sites together.

Thank you again for your post. I am hoping for the integrated solution.

Yes - fully integrated solution would be very nice!!

ramseyjack

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I successfully installed the AT&T VVM app on ny 5X - it works flawlessly - here is the link to the version that is working for me:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.att.mobile.android.vvm&hl=en&token=pNJnHNMK
I get the message "this item isn't available on your carrier" using a art sim on a Google Fi phone. Trying to switch from MS phones (950) to Android Nexus 5x , but currently disappointed with what it takes to get what I consider basic features working.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I get the message "this item isn't available on your carrier" using a art sim on a Google Fi phone. Trying to switch from MS phones (950) to Android Nexus 5x , but currently disappointed with what it takes to get what I consider basic features working.
Project Fi gives you visual voicemail through the dialer without adding anything. What is this art sim you mentioned? Does that mean at&t? Just because the Nexus 5x is project fi compatible doesn't mean you get all the fi benefits without being on the network. To be a fi subscriber, you need to actually order a fi sim card.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just use Google voice for the visual voicemail service. I use it with Verizon and the 5x and it works great for me. It integrates with the Google dialer.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I've tried using the built in VVM, but for some reason it kept disabling itself. Had to revert back to T-Mobile's app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair