Nexus 5X not 'charging rapidly'?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So I just got my Nexus 5X today and I love it but when I plug in the supplied cable and charger, it doesn't say 'charging rapidly' like it does in the reviews/unboxings I've seen. Is there another way to confirm that it is or isn't charging rapidly? Is there a setting I have to toggle? Thanks guys.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
On mine it shows charging rapidly on the bottom of the lockscreen.

Right, but mine does not.

Update: The supplied charger makes an odd noise when in use. Have tried different outlets in my home, still the noise persists. Beginning to suspect I have a bad charger. Going to contact google.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Strange one - havent seen that. I do see that the charger really behaves differently depending on battery level and whether you are using the phone while charging. I've also seen the "rapidly charging" notification change to "charging" and "charging slowly" all with the same USB to PC charging connection. It seems quite variable.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Didn't :). Contacted Google and they are sending a new device and charger. Will update when I get the new unit.

Has anyone else experienced this with their 5X?

Wow so I guess they suspect it may be the device too? Mine was weird the first time I charged it. I started it at 72% and it said "Charging Rapidly" and I looked at it 15 minutes later and it said 73%, but then it seemed to get to 100% in about 20-30 minutes so not sure what was going on there.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow so I guess they suspect it may be the device too? Mine was weird the first time I charged it. I started it at 72% and it said "Charging Rapidly" and I looked at it 15 minutes later and it said 73%, but then it seemed to get to 100% in about 20-30 minutes so not sure what was going on there.

Update: I forgot I ordered a ice blue unit as well. I got both to see which color I would like and return the one I didn't.

I tried the ice blue's charged on my carbon nexus 5X. It displayed charging rapidly instantly and the charger didn't emit the scary hum/buzzing/set the house on fire noise that the block that was shipped with my carbon 5X did. So it's not the phone. I filled out the RMA info today so I'll update when that carbon unit comes in.

David Shnayder

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Both me and my mom got the nexus 5x, but it always just says "charging" not "fast charging"... I have checked multiple power outlets and the charge does specify that it is 5V/3A just like in the reviews that I've seen but still it doesn't charge rapidly for both of us. Did any of you find a fix?

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had two 5Xs. The first (which I think I had before 6.0.1) always charged rapidly.

I returned it for a 6P, but have since replaced it with another 5X. Now I don't know if it's 6.0.1 that's changed anything, or if it's the new phone, but this one doesn't say its charging rapidly with the supplied charger and cable, but I think it actually is charging quickly! I going to have to time it.

If I plug it into my Tronsmart car charger it always says it's charging rapidly! So the genuine charger doesn't appear to charge rapidly, and yet a third party one does?! Go figure? I'm now unsure whether I have a faulty handset, although I doubt it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo