4 Days in: 5X Can't Start Properly - won't boot to launcher

The doomed

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Got my 5X (32gb) on launch day in UK (Monday). So far so good. Then at 10am this morning I took phone out my pocket and it was powered off.

It then got caught in a horrible cycle where it took about 8minites to go through the jazzy Marshmallow startup screen, briefly flashes up and empty wallpaper, and promptly started the startup process again.

Any ideas? Planning on returning it if can't resolve tonight.

More lengthy description below.

After finding phone turned off, I powered it on only to find the same thing had happened again an hour or so later.

Come 1pm, my battery was at 31% and I'd hardly used it. I stuck it in flight mode. When I went to remove it from flight mode, it appeared to restart and asked me for my pin before fully commencing the startup process.

The Marshmallow station icons appeared and dazelled for around 8 minutes before a flash of the normal launcher appeared. From there the phone went back to the startup icons again.

Tried recovery etc but same issue. Phone just looped through the same process no matter what I tried. Then battery drained within an hour.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Got my 5X (32gb) on launch day in UK (Monday). So far so good. Then at 10am this morning I took phone out my pocket and it was powered off.

It then got caught in a horrible cycle where it took about 8minites to go through the jazzy Marshmallow startup screen, briefly flashes up and empty wallpaper, and promptly started the startup process again.

Any ideas? Planning on returning it if can't resolve tonight.

More lengthy description below.

After finding phone turned off, I powered it on only to find the same thing had happened again an hour or so later.

Come 1pm, my battery was at 31% and I'd hardly used it. I stuck it in flight mode. When I went to remove it from flight mode, it appeared to restart and asked me for my pin before fully commencing the startup process.

The Marshmallow station icons appeared and dazelled for around 8 minutes before a flash of the normal launcher appeared. From there the phone went back to the startup icons again.

Tried recovery etc but same issue. Phone just looped through the same process no matter what I tried. Then battery drained within an hour.

I like to tinker, but I generally want a phone to work when I take it out of the box. If I see issues early on, it goes back. YMMV

The doomed

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Got some power in it again and just looping through it again.

Recovery mode doesn't even give me opportunity to see any system recovery options.

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, get on a chat with a Google rep. If they can't set you straight almost immediately, you need to insist on an RMA. I doubt you'll get much pushback on that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams