From iPhone to Nexus 5X?

chris9009

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys was just curious, has anybody here made the switch from an iPhone to the Nexus 5X.

I don't feel like paying almost $800 for an iPhone 6s 64gb phone so I have been looking at other choices and came across the Nexus 5x which is about half the cost. My main concern is moving from being with apple since the beginning to trying out something completely new, like android.

Is it easy to transfer photos, contacts, email, messages, etc. Also I have an Aftermarket headunit (Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS) and I know it's meant for ipod/iphone but does anyone have an aftermarket stereo that supports a Nexus 5X?

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If I were you I would transition to using Google services on your iPhone now - sync contacts and calendar to Google so that when you get an Android device you're ready to go. If your email is with a third party provider you will have no problems on Android. I recommend Cloud Magic for email on Android. Get your photos syncing with Microsoft One Drive and these will be available on your new phone too. There won't be a way to transfer over text messages though. One tip, if you decide to make the change, sign out of iMessage before you move over - otherwise anyone with an iPhone who messages you will still be sending their messages to iMessage and you won't get them in the new phone!

I made the move a couple of years ago and have never looked back. IMO opinion iOS is just a big app drawer!

If your head unit uses Bluetooth there will be no problem.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If I were you I would transition to using Google services on your iPhone now - sync contacts and calendar to Google so that when you get an Android device you're ready to go. If your email is with a third party provider you will have no problems on Android. I recommend Cloud Magic for email on Android. Get your photos syncing with Microsoft One Drive and these will be available on your new phone too. There won't be a way to transfer over text messages though. One tip, if you decide to make the change, sign out of iMessage before you move over - otherwise anyone with an iPhone who messages you will still be sending their messages to iMessage and you won't get them in the new phone!

I made the move a couple of years ago and have never looked back. IMO opinion iOS is just a big app drawer!

If your head unit uses Bluetooth there will be no problem.

This. There's tutorials online on how to move your contacts from icloud to Google. Calendar the same. Sunrise calendar allows you to link your icloud calendar on Android (my family all has iPhones and syncing family calendars on Android with sunrise is huge for me). Plus it has a beautiful interface IMO.

For photos, download Google photos now on iPhone, backup photos to Google photos, and they will be on your 5x (or 6p) when you log into the phone.

Email, I use Gmail for gmail account (inbox is good too) and Nine for Exchange email (but there's a bunch of great email apps).

Make sure to turn off imessage on your iPhone (and any iPads or macs) before switching sim cards or apple hijacks your phone number and you won't get group messages. (Google "how to remove phone number from imessage" and apple has a document put together to help out).

I switch from iOS to Android all the time. I love both platforms but love the customization of Android. And Android 6 is by far the best Android release. Just make sure to give Android time to get used to if you have never used it before. It's different but easy to get used to if you give it some time.

Posted via my 5x

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01