Keep losing cellular signal

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I was out and about a lot yesterday and today and when I went to load apps and chrome it kept saying no connection or whatever the error is. No matter which apps I used, no data would work. I also couldn't text, or call. I thought maybe T-Mobile was having issues but my wife's phone on T-Mobile was working perfect when I was having these troubles. I restarted the phone, and it still wouldn't work. I had to go to backup and restore in settings & click "network settings reset". This immediately fixed the issue but it's really annoying as I have to redo all my wifi and bluetooth connections as well. So far it happened once yesterday and twice today.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you try swapping SIMs with your wife to see if it's a problem with the SIM card itself, or perhaps with the phone's SIM reader?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you try swapping SIMs with your wife to see if it's a problem with the SIM card itself, or perhaps with the phone's SIM reader?

I'll try that next time it happens.

I just did a chat with Google and they told me that the new Nexus devices "Do not play well with sim cards used in other phones" so I should get a sim dedicated to this phone and if I switch back and forth I will probably have problems. This is not good to hear. Hopefully it's just a bad sim.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that is concerning. I'll ask around about that. Golfdriver97 has a 5X, so I'll see what his experience is with swapping SIMs.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll try that next time it happens.

I just did a chat with Google and they told me that the new Nexus devices "Do not play well with sim cards used in other phones" so I should get a sim dedicated to this phone and if I switch back and forth I will probably have problems. This is not good to hear. Hopefully it's just a bad sim.

I've been swapping back and forth all weekend between Moto X Pure and 5X.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Golfdriver97 told me he's still using his 5X as a wi-fi device for now, so he can't weigh in.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Idk but I read somewhere that its bad switching from iphone to android and vice versa so maybe that is what causing it?

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Idk but I read somewhere that its bad switching from iphone to android and vice versa so maybe that is what causing it?

What would that do to the SIM?

Not arguing or questioning... I'm honestly curious.

not sure just read it somewhere

You're thinking of iMessage, limitbreak. The issue is with people who do not disable iMessage they then have issues with receiving text messages from other iPhones since they do not have iMessage anymore. Once they get it disabled they will get the texts as SMS versus iMessage and it'll work.

There is no SIM issue with iPhone to Android -- as long as it is a Nano SIM it will pop in and just work. The SIM is for the carrier not for the brand of phone.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
You're thinking of iMessage, limitbreak. The issue is with people who do not disable iMessage they then have issues with receiving text messages from other iPhones since they do not have iMessage anymore. Once they get it disabled they will get the texts as SMS versus iMessage and it'll work.

There is no SIM issue with iPhone to Android -- as long as it is a Nano SIM it will pop in and just work. The SIM is for the carrier not for the brand of phone.

ohhh yeah thats rignt it was about the iMessage that i read thanks for reminding me! And sorry for the confusion too.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Lets not forget years ago carriers also had different data plans for feature phones, iPhones, Blackberrys and Android.
Actually i think Blackberry, iPhone had their own and Android and feature phones fell under the same generic data usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles