5x camera crash and performance

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm really interested in the 5x being my next phone but I'm curious as to the overall performance of the device and feel of it in the hand. Do any of you see the 2gb of ram being a problem. Also have you seen any lag or crash when using the camera app and do you think that will be fixed with a update?

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've ran into some issues. A bit of lag loading apps (random apps). The big problem I run into is when calls come in while I'm using the phone. I can answer but the call screen either takes forever to appear or doesn't at all.

I don't want a phone the size of the 6P but I'll be strongly considering it before my return period expires.

On the plus side, the camera has been great.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The 5X has run very well out of the box and seven days going. I had some weird issues with stutter and lag today. However, the handset quickly returned to smooth operation. No issues since.

The camera has performed very well. No complaints here.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Occasionally when opening the camera, the app is not full screen and it seems to switch landscape/portrait and back again before settling down.

jonclegg

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the camera on my 5x is pretty buggy. It's locked up my phone twice in the last two days while opening. It lags opening up and it takes pictures upside down often. Also other apps have the camera upside down, like amazon. It's really rough implementation is an otherwise slick package.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. Mine was unusable and then I force stopped the camera app and restarted. Much better but still too slow. Once you take a shot out does look good

Posted via the Android Central App

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I've stopped using Google's camera app. It's too slow and buggy. I'm using Manual Camera in auto mode and its quick and awesome.

Posted via my 5x

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63