Rooted my 5x, how about you?

thecodye

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I rooted, unlocked my bootloader, flashed TWRP, the works really, on my 5x right after I got it. Im finding fewer and fewer reasons to root with every android release, but alas there are a few things I enjoy changing.

Right now, I am using Tasker, LightFlow, Titanium Backup, and others while I wait for xposed for marshmallow.

My question to you guys is: Are you rooted? What are you doing with your privileges?

PS
Anyone know of any good custom kernels so I can enable double tap to wake? I miss the feature from my Nexus 6, but since it doesn't have the amoled display its a pain to get working.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Not me. I rooted up to and including the Nexus 5, but when I got a replacement Nexus 5 I never bothered to root, and won't be on the 5x either. It used to be a requirement to get anything good out of your phone, but like you I have fewer reasons to do so - to the point that the hassles of applying Google-provided patches and upgrades to a rooted/modified phone made it not worth it.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to see if I can avoid doing it this time...I fear that with google promising monthly security updates, root is going to be an increasing hassle...

mportuesisf

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I would consider root for is to get additiional monitoring from GSAM Battery Monitor Pro. But rooting disables Android Pay, so it's not worth it to me.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Me neither. I was a flashin' fool. Now in recovery, no pun intended.
Haha, i c what u did there. I agree with the majority on this one... rooting just isn't worth the hassle with the frequent updates and all. I just don't see that it adds anything to the Android experience. I unlocked and rooted my Nexus 4 but will just stick with out of the box on this one.

marc539

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Yea I see more and more people rooting because they're just so used to doing it with every phone in past. It's like an addiction, a friend of mine that's all he was thinking of waiting on phone delivery... Couldn't provide a real good reason for doing it. Unless you have the skills to really change things as developer there's no real point other than changing the look of it. To each their own though, whatever makes you happy.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I stopped rooting my phones a while ago. Also, the monthly updates would be a pain with root.

Posted via the Android Central App

JackInTheDust

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've rooted every phone I've owned until now. But with the Nexus 5x and Android 6, I see no reason to root. Well, Adaway would be nice, but Firefox and Ublock Origin takes care of ads nicely. I just wish Firefox would allow for larger text on mobile sites for old folks like me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan