How rugged is the N5X?

ziggychats

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
How rugged is the N5X? Who has any ideas? If dropped, what's most likely to break? Any drop tests?

Also, random, but does anyone know how durable the sensor is or any other part of the camera? I've heard the first thing to break is always the screen ans if it's not then there's no damage to anything else.

Cheers!

Josh Burchell

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Rugged? It's probably on line with the majority of smart phones out there. If you want to keep it safe, put some sort of bumper shell or case around it.

Side note: It doesn't bother me, but I did notice a little paint/finish was scuffed off around the camera area on the back of mine. This came from me simply laying the phone on its back for a few days prior to receiving a bumper shell. The camera sticks out slightly from the back and is usually the first thing to make contact with a surface.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine on the pavement once already getting out of my car. It survived with only a small chip on the corner. I thought for sure I was going to have to use one of my nexus protect replacements only a month in!

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I had my first accidental drop last night, from a kitchen counter about 4 feet (I didn't measure it) off the ground. The phone seems fine with no visible or functional damage, as far as I can tell. I don't have a case, just a screen protector.

ziggychats

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all responses.

MetalTaylor, I had Ghost Armor cut me a custom screen protector.

Anyone have the Candyshell grip case offered on Google store? I had it on my phone and dropped it about 2 1/2 feet onto hard wood. No damage.

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I got this one:
Nexus 5X Screen Protector, PLESON® LG (Google) Nexus 5X Tempered Glass Screen Protector [2015], 99% Clarity 0.3mm 9H Hardness, Bubble Free, Glass Screen Protector for Nexus 5X -Lifetime Warranty

It's a bit of an art getting the screen on, but it fits.