Screen color?

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have sensitive eyes and I am coming from the M8 which seems to have a more blueish tint that I never noticed before when compared to the 5X, Just curious what tint you guys have on the 5X mine seems almost pinkish but again my eyes are weird so I dont know if its just me

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have sensitive eyes and I am coming from the M8 which seems to have a more blueish tint that I never noticed before when compared to the 5X, Just curious what tint you guys have on the 5X mine seems almost pinkish but again my eyes are weird so I dont know if its just me

Compared to my Motorola Moto X Pure Edition, the 5X is a little bit more yellowish. Not bad, but just warmer than the cool white (blue-ish) of the Pure. It definitely isn't the flawed yellow that hit the Nerd News in first few batches that shipped out....

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine is great too. Whites are white. I've seen pictures of phones with the yellowish tint and mine is nothing like that.

I'm not sure it's a fault or merely a calibration thing. Many devices ovwr the years have had a thread like this with seemingly no issues other than colour reproduction.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've now had three different 5X's. The first had a loose power button and a slightly yellow screen. The second had a very yellow screen. The third had a slightly bluish screen which is the one I kept. I didn't mind the slightly yellow screen but it does seem there is a lot of variations on screens. Hopefully an update can normalize then on a software level.

sambartle_uk

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
It's a Nexus Trademark "calibration by randomisation" I went through 5 Nexus 4 until I found one I was happy with..

Comparing it to my nexus 5x.. the 5x is pretty yellow. I must have mellowed out a bit though.. as I cant be bothered to do anything about it :)

The phone on the left is My Nexus 5x, and on the right.. My Nexus 4.. both on full brightness for this photo..
View attachment 205538

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
It's a Nexus Trademark "calibration by randomisation" I went through 5 Nexus 4 until I found one I was happy with..

Comparing it to my nexus 5x.. the 5x is pretty yellow. I must have mellowed out a bit though.. as I cant be bothered to do anything about it :)

The phone on the left is My Nexus 5x, and on the right.. My Nexus 4.. both on full brightness for this photo..
View attachment 205538

The Nexus 4 was notorious for having a super cool (blue) color temperature, like around 8000K, so of course a phone that is calibrated better (closer to 6500K color temp) will look yellow next to a Nexus 4.

myfavthing

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Mine is fine when viewing it on its own. Compared to my ip6 side by side, the ip6 definitely looks slightly cooler. Doesn't bother me though. Mine definitely isnt as warm as my friend's 5x. Overall, Quite happy with mine :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12