Folders included in factory image

f4ipilot

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I was setting up my new nexus and copying files, photos, etc from my old phone to the new nexus via computer. I had both phones plugged into my computer through usb cables. I went to delete a file and I accidentally had a folder on my nexus selected and it deleted the file I was trying to delete along with a folder off the nexus. The bad thing is I do not know what folder it was. I am asking if others could post what their folder structure is from the factory image.

For example I have:
Alarms
Android
DCIM
Download
Movies
Music
Notifications
panoramas
Pictures
Ringtones
Videos

Please let me know if you have other folders from the factory image that I do not have listed.

Thanks so much.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I was setting up my new nexus and copying files, photos, etc from my old phone to the new nexus via computer. I had both phones plugged into my computer through usb cables. I went to delete a file and I accidentally had a folder on my nexus selected and it deleted the file I was trying to delete along with a folder off the nexus. The bad thing is I do not know what folder it was. I am asking if others could post what their folder structure is from the factory image.

For example I have:
Alarms
Android
DCIM
Download
Movies
Music
Notifications
panoramas
Pictures
Ringtones
Videos

Please let me know if you have other folders from the factory image that I do not have listed.

Thanks so much.

I have Podcasts--which you do not have.

f4ipilot

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
If you look in your recycle bin it should be in there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Do you mean a recycle bin on the phone? If so I was unaware that the Android OS had one. I did look at the recycle bin on my computer but no folders were there from my phone. It only contained files deleted directly from the hard drive of my computer.

sambartle_uk

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Files from removeable storage don't go to the recycle bin on windows..

Additionally.. you can pretty much delete everything that is on the phone that gets exposed to windows when connected (as long as you don't have root on your phone) with no major side effects.. You'll lose the data you delete of course but non of it is system critical.

f4ipilot

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Files from removeable storage don't go to the recycle bin on windows..

Additionally.. you can pretty much delete everything that is on the phone that gets exposed to windows when connected (as long as you don't have root on your phone) with no major side effects.. You'll lose the data you delete of course but non of it is system critical.

This is good to know for future use. Thanks for the tip.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean a recycle bin on the phone? If so I was unaware that the Android OS had one. I did look at the recycle bin on my computer but no folders were there from my phone. It only contained files deleted directly from the hard drive of my computer.

I meant the recycle bin on the computer, sorry. I should have been more clear. The only reason I can think of for the folders not showing in your computer's recycle bin is the encryption on the phone storage partition.

Honestly I think you will be fine. Even if the folder you deleted was critical the app that uses it would likely recreate it the first time it launches again.

The really critical system files and folders are not accessible from the file browser on your computer, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey