Anybody go from a 2015 Moto X Pure to a 5X?

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
With the price drop I'm really debating making the switch. Just worried about 2GB RAM and speaker/call quality.

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
With the price drop I'm really debating making the switch. Just worried about 2GB RAM and speaker/call quality.
I'm having difficulty in taking this serious unless your MXPE is defective. I've bounced from all 2015 flagships and the pure is for me the most solid.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have both currently but am planning on selling the mxpe. The reality is they are *very* similar devices in my day to day usage. The big differences are the fingerprint scanner on the 5x which is great, the dual speakers on the mxpe which are better, and the size (if it matters to you).

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I switched for the smaller size. The MXPE is AWESOME but if I wanted to carry a tablet around and two-hand my device all day long, I have a N7. Phablets are not for me.

Performance wise they are very similar. I am neither a gamer not do I watch videos on my phone during the day, if that makes a difference. I just need my phone so i can be able to stay in contact, stay organized, and stay up to date with information. Oh, and I snap pics of just about everything that i need to remember so I don't have to carry paper around.

Phone audio quality on the 5x is loud and clear. Front facing speaker is passable--not even close in quality to the dual front facing speaker quality of the XX though.

Wanted to love the MXPE as it would be the 3rd Moto X for me, but I found it too big for one handed use and back pocket carry. If size is not an issue, I'd go for the MXPE for the slightly better specs (RAM, screen resolution, speaker sound, curved back for comfort, etc)

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Currently using the Moto X Pure 2015 but I picked up the 5x via the Black Friday deal and it showed up yesterday, it's in a box behind me. ;)

2 reasons I'm leaving the Moto X Pure 2015, same reason I left the 2014 version (fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me... OK, shame on me ;) )... The baked in ascending ringtone and the lack of a notification light. I do love that Approach feature of the Moto, it's just not enough to keep me. I simply prefer a notification light.

Also, kind of prefer the slightly smaller 5 inch screen, might just be the sweet spot for me. :)

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Having had a 6P I was really happy with it, apart from how tall it was as I carry my phones in my front pocket, so I swapped it for the Moto X Style. Have now gone from the Style to the 5X as I missed having a fingerprint scanner.

I was worried the move to a 5X would be a mistake after reading so many reviews saying it's a very so-so phone, but I absolutely love it. Yes its not all metal, but its probably the perfect size. Reading all those reviews can colour your judgement a bit too much I think. Sometimes you just have to judge these things for yourself.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So I shipped my 5X back and am keeping the MXPE after going back and forth for days. If both were within the return policy it would have been a much tougher decision but I would have lost some $ selling the MXPE since I cant return it and the fingerprint scanner on the 5X wasn't enough to justify the switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37