Did you buy before the Black Friday Pricing?

ratseven

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I was pretty disappointed about the huge BF discounts on the 5X just two weeks after buying one and so close to them being released. I contacted Fi about it and although they wouldn't credit the full discounted price, they gave me a $20 credit on my Fi account.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I wasn't expecting them to knock $80 off the price less than a month after the phone first started shipping. Definitely would have been a little more patient. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

mclaser

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon on the 20th. Emailed them Friday regarding the -$80 and they emailed me right back informing me that they would credit my cc account the $80. 7 days later, but not bad. You might try sending a nice email and see what happens!

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon Thursday and it arrived today. I paid full price of course and I was very surprised to see the BF price. I called Amazon yesterday and very nicely asked if there was anything they could do and the guy said I could return it and try to buy another one at the sale price. I was shocked at his reply because I am a Prime member and I buy $3k to $4k a year from them for home and business. I let it go until I read your post and decided to call again and the lady said I can see you buy a lot from us but our Black Friday policies prevent us from offering any type of credit. Guess I should have emailed instead.....

Posted via the Android Central App

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Ordered from Google Store. Would have loved to have an extra $80 in my pocket, but I figure that is the price for impatience (I often purchase on launch day...)

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I also bought from Google before BF - but, I of course got the $50 Play Store credit, so in reality I only paid $30 more than BF price.

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

Slowhite03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine not to long ago but I wasn't complaining. If you wanted a black Friday discount, you should of waited till black Friday. That's just my opinion

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Slightly annoyed, but what's done is done. I ordered mine a while ago and got the $50 Google Play credit. Obviously, I'd prefer just getting $80 off entirely...

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon Thursday and it arrived today. I paid full price of course and I was very surprised to see the BF price. I called Amazon yesterday and very nicely asked if there was anything they could do and the guy said I could return it and try to buy another one at the sale price. I was shocked at his reply because I am a Prime member and I buy $3k to $4k a year from them for home and business. I let it go until I read your post and decided to call again and the lady said I can see you buy a lot from us but our Black Friday policies prevent us from offering any type of credit. Guess I should have emailed instead.....

It's not just this. Amazon generally takes the "Order another one and return the first one" approach.

Generally, you can request a refund for first unit in advance. Amazon gives you a return window ( X number of days to return it). Do that. Get your refund. Order the new phone. Return old one when it arrives.

ratseven

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Its not just that they went on sale. Its that they went on sale so quickly after being newly released and at a significant discount.

I'm satisfied with my $20 credit since my order was placed on 11/3- not exactly right before the sale. I just wanted to throw it out there for Fi users that they might be able to get a partial credit.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered so I paid an $80 "early bird" fee and I'm fine with that. I've had the past month or more to enjoy my phone. :)

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought on BF sale. Lucky me!! :)

Me Too...just couldn't pass up on the sale. If the pattern holds, you probably won't see another price drop till next Summer. Ordered yesterday morning , still in processing. I suppose they had a ton of weekend orders to go through.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty disappointed about the huge BF discounts on the 5X just two weeks after buying one and so close to them being released. I contacted Fi about it and although they wouldn't credit the full discounted price, they gave me a $20 credit on my Fi account.

Eh that is what happens when you are an early adopter, especially with being so close to BF. Seems the 5x really isn't selling well since that was what they had on sale and not the 6p, which isn't surprising with all the issues the 5x has.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Eh that is what happens when you are an early adopter, especially with being so close to BF. Seems the 5x really isn't selling well since that was what they had on sale and not the 6p, which isn't surprising with all the issues the 5x has.

What issues do you speak of?

crishi

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I bought a week before BF. Looking at price slash, I called Google support. "Our system does not allow price match at this time, since this is special BF deal. I will be happy to process your return and you can order another at special pricing today". I received my new one, and will return a week used one in a day or two.
Wondering how software giant's system does not allow such matching. Google's loss (in shipping, handling and reselling in secondary market), and little inconvenience for the users like me! But we could save $80. Glad that I didn't have to do lot of transfer/setup, Backup from Google account saved a good deal of effort in move.