Replacement on the way- setting up?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a replacement 5x 32gb Ice on the way because I have been sporadically been getting the "fingerprint hardware is not available" error. I have backup on in settings so when i get my new device I will select the option to restore from backup. However this only really restores the apps, contacts, chrome bookmarks etc... Is there any way to back up and restore so my settings and logins (passwords etc...) are saved? It is such a pain in the **** to have to re-log into all my apps and and put in all my wifi passwords and then toggle my settings back to the way they were. The settings is really the worst part.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I'll give it a read.

The backup will restore wifi passwords. App logins are not saved though, which is a good thing IMO.

Whenever I restore on Android I always have to re-enter my WiFi passwords. The backup and restore (and Keychain) is the one thing I miss most from iOS. It restores wifi passowords, app passwords if you are logging in permanently, and settings! It leaves my settings exactly as they were. I just wish Android could do this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay