case recommendations

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for something that is clear and doesn't add alot of bulk, or just a bumper. links wud be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Posted via AC app on my X 14

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for something that is clear and doesn't add alot of bulk, or just a bumper. links wud be appreciated. thanks in advance.

I have the Adopted case from the Google Store in black, but they also sell a clear version. It's a little bit pricier, but it is totally worth it. The case is of a much higher quality than you find on eBay imo.

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the Adopted case from the Google Store in black, but they also sell a clear version. It's a little bit pricier, but it is totally worth it. The case is of a much higher quality than you find on eBay imo.

yeah I saw that and ordered the clear one on BF for half off. but long story, haven't opened the box yet for N5x, but the case looks big!!! so wanted to know if there were other slimmer ones. thanks.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
yeah I saw that and ordered the clear one on BF for half off. but long story, haven't opened the box yet for N5x, but the case looks big!!! so wanted to know if there were other slimmer ones. thanks.

I also have the Adopted case - it is actually quite thin and does not add much at all to the overall size of the device - still allows one hand use with no problems (and I have small hands). And it is nice and "grippy" - in my month of using it, I have not once had an "almost slipped and dropped it" moment.

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the Google case for 1/2 off with my 5X during their sale last week. I've had the case less than a week and there's already wear on the felt. It's a little hard to tell from my pic but I would not recommend the case. Going back to Google and picking up a Diztronic.

Attachments

• IMG_20151204_102835.jpg
    IMG_20151204_102835.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 44

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I also have the Adopted case - it is actually quite thin and does not add much at all to the overall size of the device - still allows one hand use with no problems (and I have small hands). And it is nice and "grippy" - in my month of using it, I have not once had an "almost slipped and dropped it" moment.

Nexus 5X on AT&T - Posted via the Android Central App

I totally agree. My hands aren't the biggest either. It's the whole reason I got the N5X instead of the 6P. Anyway, the Adopted case is very thin on the phone. I love that the sides are textured. It makes it very easy to grip. The only time my phone has been dropped is when I fell asleep with it in my bed and it fell onto the floor. Between the case and the glass screen protector there isn't a scratch on the phone.

My only complaint about this case would be the price. It is certainly a great quality case, and I don't regret buying it one bit. I just wish I would have waited instead of ordering it with the phone. The black Friday sale Google had was great. Hell I should have waited to buy the phone too. I could have saved $90 altogether.

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm a huge fan of Diztronic, so I'd go with their Nexus 5x case.

Not clear, though.

I've been using Diztronic cases for at least about 4 years and I've never had an issue - dropped my phones dozens of times and never a scratch.

The case for the Nexus 5X fits perfectly.

bob60

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I think that I will buy this case once my phone arrives. I was worried that it might be big and add bulk like the nexus 5 case, but from what you say this case sounds great.

Slowhite03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the supcase unicorn beetle and I'm thoroughly impressed. I wanted a heavy duty with a built in screen protector and this was the only one I could find.

If you're familiar with the , its not as bulky but I feel it gives me more than adequate protection