Does Nexus 5x supports OTG USB? if yes how to connect?

A

AC Question

any app on nexus 5X support OTG? if yes which app should be used? can storage on nexus 5X can be increased through any app?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

OTG will work on 5x.

ES File Explorer is a compatible app.

You can not use an app to give you more storage over all. You can use a file explore app to delete any unneeded files, documents, and pictures. You can use cloud services such as Google Drive and like cloud based apps to free up available memory on your device. Google Photo is a good place for pictures and videos.

Andrea Montanari

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

OTG will work on 5x.

ES File Explorer is a compatible app.

You can not use an app to give you more storage over all. You can use a file explore app to delete any unneeded files, documents, and pictures. You can use cloud services such as Google Drive and like cloud based apps to free up available memory on your device. Google Photo is a good place for pictures and videos.

Hi dumpedduce! I don't know why but ES File Explorer can't see my flash drive type-c.
The USB OTG File Manager for Nexus is working...but I hate this app.

What can I do?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi dumpedduce! I don't know why but ES File Explorer can't see my flash drive type-c.
The USB OTG File Manager for Nexus is working...but I hate this app.

What can I do?

You can try other file explorers, or wait for an update to ES. It sounds like the developer has not updated the code to either work with USB C or Marshmallow. Maybe both for that matter.

The developer behind ES has been really good about updating in the past, so I imagine there will be a fix soon.

I personally hate ES because of the terrible UI navigation and way too many features when all I want is a simple file explorer. It also seems to have too many ads for my taste, and its definitely not worth paying for.

My personal favorite file manager is File Manager by Gira Mobile because it has a clean, material UI that is very easy to navigate. It doesn't try and cram in a bunch of extra cruft that you don't need either. It's a simple file explorer that gets out of the way to get the job done.

Here's the link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...store/apps/details?id=fm.clean&token=VUyIVCH3

Posted via the Android Central app on my Nexus 5X with Project Fi