Where is the music I just put on my Nexus 5x and how do I play it ?

tricky1956

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I just synced my Nexus 5x with my Window media player music library, and put around 40 albums on my phone. If I look at the "music" file on my phone, with the phone connected to the pc, I can see all of the albums that I synced. But I can't find them to play them on my phone ?? Where are these songs and how can I play them ??

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just synced my Nexus 5x with my Window media player music library, and put around 40 albums on my phone. If I look at the "music" file on my phone, with the phone connected to the pc, I can see all of the albums that I synced. But I can't find them to play them on my phone ?? Where are these songs and how can I play them ??

You might want to use a file manager app to see where the files are....

JackInTheDust

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend using Google play music in chrome on the pc to sync your entire library with Google's servers. Then play music on your phone will be able to stream them to your phone. You can also use play music on your phone to download selected items to your phone.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend using Google play music in chrome on the pc to sync your entire library with Google's servers. Then play music on your phone will be able to stream them to your phone. You can also use play music on your phone to download selected items to your phone.

This is what I do, but not everyone has unlimited data or unlimited access to wifi....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Copying files to the phone doesn't put them in the database that music players look in to find them. Run media.Re.Scan if you copied media files and don't want to have to restart the phone. (Taking a picture or recording audio triggers a rescan, copying files doesn't.)

JackInTheDust

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
If you use play music to download the items to your phone once (when you do have WiFi access), then they will not use your data, but will play directly from your phone.

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Copying files to the phone doesn't put them in the database that music players look in to find them. Run media.Re.Scan if you copied media files and don't want to have to restart the phone. (Taking a picture or recording audio triggers a rescan, copying files doesn't.)
Android is fairly good about automatically scanning for new media. Yes, you can trigger a manual scan using certain apps, but you shouldn't have to.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you use play music to download the items to your phone once (when you do have WiFi access), then they will not use your data, but will play directly from your phone.

Very true.

I'm spoiled with unlimited data, so I rarely download music to my device and just stream. Plus, I'm also a minimalist in terms of what goes on the phone (especially a phone without expandable storage), so the less I put on it the happier I am.

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Best feature of Play Music - I have 9 playlists pinned to the phone - add or remove uploaded tracks or albums from any Play Music interface to those playlists and the phone will automatically sync those tracks / albums when next connected to wifi for local playback.

I use https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/music/listen?u=0#/manager&token=CGneeEbV to upload from my PC rather than the Chrome extension.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12