Nexus 5x with weak signal reception

Lennart5z

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I have bad experience on Nexus 5x with weak signal reception or low signal strength. Quite many phone calls has dropping infomation, the other part do not hear my voice

Someone else with that experience?

//Lennart

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have bad experience on Nexus 5x with weak signal reception or low signal strength. Quite many phone calls has dropping infomation, the other part do not hear my voice

Someone else with that experience?

//Lennart

Sorry, no. My 5X seems to perfect perform just like all the other phones I've used on the Tmo network in my area.

Last edited:

anon(777192)

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine is completely different then that I live in eastern Ky The network isn't nearly as good as say New York, with my S3 mini I had 1 or 2 bars if I was fortunate enough.. With the 5x I have lots better signal fewer dropped calls I couldn't be happier, I've been liking it so much I'm looking to buy one for my wife in the near future to stop her from drooling over mine.. Mine is 32gb if that matters not sure about the 16gb version though and with no SD card slot I'm kind of hesitant on that.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine is completely different then that I live in eastern Ky The network isn't nearly as good as say New York, with my S3 mini I had 1 or 2 bars if I was fortunate enough.. With the 5x I have lots better signal fewer dropped calls I couldn't be happier, I've been liking it so much I'm looking to buy one for my wife in the near future to stop her from drooling over mine.. Mine is 32gb if that matters not sure about the 16gb version though and with no SD card slot I'm kind of hesitant on that.

I got the 32GB version too. With no expandable storage, 16GB is pretty much a minimum these days, and if you want to hang on to the phone for a few years as the OS increases in size then I think that the 32GB is the best choice.

On the other hand, if you think you'll get a new phone every year and 16GB is enough, then that isn't a bad option either...until you consider resale value.

Guess I'd push for 32GB regardless.....

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My 5X does just fine with regard to signal strength/reception. I haven't noticed it get better or worse.

Are you using the same service provider as before the 5X.

Geo_Nexus

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I have something similar. In some areas I'll have plenty of signal and it will all of a sudden drop to nothing for a few seconds and then signal comes back. It happens quite often when I'm in those areas. I've had 2 5X's (had to RMA my first one for a separate issue) and they both did this. I'm kind of wondering if its my SIM card.

Posted via the Android Central App

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have something similar. In some areas I'll have plenty of signal and it will all of a sudden drop to nothing for a few seconds and then signal comes back. It happens quite often when I'm in those areas. I've had 2 5X's (had to RMA my first one for a separate issue) and they both did this. I'm kind of wondering if its my SIM card.

Posted via the Android Central App

If you can get another SIM card, and there is a chance of improved performance for fairly minimal effort, I'd go for it! :)

Pete Alexander

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have an even stranger experience actually ;)

Just migrated to the 5X from my OnePlus Two so that I could use Google fi (day 1.5 so far) because my work phone has been using the fi service since first week in May (2016).

I have both my 6P (work phone) and my 5X (personal phone) sitting next to one another, and the signal meters are WAY different.
The 6P icon is about 75-80% and the 5X is closer to 10%. Both on google fi, phones are 1" apart from one another...

More specifically:

5X Statistics
Signal Strength: -104 dBm 1asu
Network type: CDMA - EvDo rev. A

6P Statistics
Signal Strength: -103 dBm 35asu
Network type: LTE

I will check the settings on both, but so far I haven't really messed with anything >.>

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20