Nexus 5X Headphone Aux Volume Low

zambi82

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
So I recently got my nexus 5x and I'm loving it. But today I was playing music in my car and realized how low the sound output is through the headphone jack. I'm using the same cable that I used on my BlackBerry Z30, but it is was way louder. I'm playing music through slacker radio and Google music. I have the volume full blast on the phone, and I haven't found anything in settings to boost volume out. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to boost the volume output? Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an easy answer for you but I can offer a possible workaround:

I've had good luck with one of these Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Ki ; basically, it turns my car audio system with AUX input into a Bluetooth receiver and has the added advantage of allowing me to make and/or answer calls hands-free.

Depending on your auto, you may also need one of these PAC SNI-1/3.5 3.5-mm Ground Loop Noise Isolator in order to eliminate static noise generated by the car's ignition system.

Arafat Terron

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I solved this problem by installing a custom kernel, ElementalX and EX Kernel Manager. In EX Kernel Manager you can adjust the gain for the various sources of the phone (speaker, headphones, mics, etc). The stock gain shown in EX Kernel Manager for headphones output is -9, once you set it to 0, the headphones volume is normal like any other device, setting it higher would increase the volume, but with some distortion. Not sure why Google intended to be that low, but definitely it shouldn't be like that. Hope they take notice for future updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1