Front facing camera on 5x.

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to revert the front facing camera as when I'm taking pictures it flips it the opposition way?

Also is it me or is the snapchat app/camera absolute garbage front and back it looks like the actual camera in the 5x turns into a terrible camera when using snapchat and the quality suffers but when you use the normal camera app to take pictures its so much better!!

Posted from my Nexus 5X

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You want to revert from "selfie" mode to regular camera mode? There's a squarish arrows with center circle icon on lower left that you touch to flip camera.

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
You want to revert from "selfie" mode to regular camera mode? There's a squarish arrows with center circle icon on lower left that you touch to flip camera.

No sorry maybe I haven't explained it enough lol, I mean when I take a picture with the front facing camera it takes the picture left sided then once took it swaps over two the right.... Does that make sense lol

Posted from my Nexus 5X

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand but just took 2 pics with front facing camera and they are properly centered and stay that way. I've read about the 5x upside down photos but not what you're describing. You could try another camera app. If it's the same, it's hardware defect.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm relatively certain he's referring to the front facing camera image being mirrored. When you use the front facing camera, the viewfinder image (before you snap a photo) is a mirror image of reality - literally as if you're looking in a mirror, everything is reversed (hold up a piece of paper with writing on it next to your face). Once you take the picture, the software automatically flips the image so that the picture shows the real life orientation. There's no setting to change this that I'm aware of. I'm not sure why you would want a mirror image, but if that's important to you, there are a bunch of photo editing apps you can download that will let you mirror photos after they're taken.

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm relatively certain he's referring to the front facing camera image being mirrored. When you use the front facing camera, the viewfinder image (before you snap a photo) is a mirror image of reality - literally as if you're looking in a mirror, everything is reversed (hold up a piece of paper with writing on it next to your face). Once you take the picture, the software automatically flips the image so that the picture shows the real life orientation. There's no setting to change this that I'm aware of. I'm not sure why you would want a mirror image, but if that's important to you, there are a bunch of photo editing apps you can download that will let you mirror photos after they're taken.

This is exactly what I meant thanks for explaining it better lol, I think it's because I'm so used to snapchat because they don't flip the picture so when I take it with the normal 5x camera I'm just not used to seeing myself opposite way round lol

Posted from my Nexus 5X

Aoibhin

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if you have found a solution for I have just gotten a new Nexis 5x and the Camera flips and I would like it to be like the Snapchat camera