Contact color changes every time I update that contact

rp17

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I realize this isn't a major issue by any means, just a slight annoyance. I'm brand new to Android, having had an iPhone for years, so am still finding my way around and learning things. I changed the colors of some of my contacts in the messaging app, but as soon as I make a change to that contact, such as adding a contact photo, the color changes again - both in the actual contact and in Messenger.

Also, some of the default colors Android assigns that I actually really like (there's a bluish gray for example), aren't even available in the Custom Color list for contacts. So as soon as I upload a photo and the color changes, I can't even get that original color back.

Again, I realize this is a very trivial thing to bring up, but like I said, I just find it somewhat annoying.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I realize this isn't a major issue by any means, just a slight annoyance. I'm brand new to Android, having had an iPhone for years, so am still finding my way around and learning things. I changed the colors of some of my contacts in the messaging app, but as soon as I make a change to that contact, such as adding a contact photo, the color changes again - both in the actual contact and in Messenger.

Also, some of the default colors Android assigns that I actually really like (there's a bluish gray for example), aren't even available in the Custom Color list for contacts. So as soon as I upload a photo and the color changes, I can't even get that original color back.

Again, I realize this is a very trivial thing to bring up, but like I said, I just find it somewhat annoying.

Try TEXTRA instead. I think you'll really like it.

They have pretty much every color in the rainbow, and I've not seen an issue like this in the several years that I've used it.

rp17

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! I guess I didn't have this set up to send me email notifications of new replies, so I just saw your response.