Just got a 5X from Amazon

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I originally owned a 32gb Ice 5X that I ordered from the Play Store on launch day. It came with Phone, usb c - usb c cable, and charging brick. I sold it awhile back but just got another 5X from Amazon (32gb Carbon) model H790.

It's weird because this one came with this little USB-C (male) to USB Micro (female) dongle. Did I just miss it in the package the first time around when I had my Ice or has why would Amazon include it but not Google? It's a nice little surprise.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I originally owned a 32gb Ice 5X that I ordered from the Play Store on launch day. It came with Phone, usb c - usb c cable, and charging brick. I sold it awhile back but just got another 5X from Amazon (32gb Carbon) model H790.

It's weird because this one came with this little USB-C (male) to USB Micro (female) dongle. Did I just miss it in the package the first time around when I had my Ice or has why would Amazon include it but not Google? It's a nice little surprise.

I bought from Google as well and only had the USB-C to USB-C cable and wall adapter. Had to buy my own adapter(s) for USB-C to microUSB.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's a pic of it. It was in a tiny little baggy attached to a cardboard insert.

View attachment 218987

Any old adapter will be fine for our 5X phone, but you might want to look into ratings and USB compliance if you want to use that adapter for anything else (like a Chrome Pixel). One of the Google engineers has been testing and rating these adapters--you might want to check into what you have so you know what you can use it for....

Article on his testing of products here.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I must say the difference between this 5X and my original 5X is quite shocking. My original was like butter and I'm having lots of lag/stutter on this device. It's definitely not still setting up or whatever. Perhaps 6.0.1 caused some sort of issue with the 5X?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I must say the difference between this 5X and my original 5X is quite shocking. My original was like butter and I'm having lots of lag/stutter on this device. It's definitely not still setting up or whatever. Perhaps 6.0.1 caused some sort of issue with the 5X?

Some people with lag said that an FDR with auto restore DISABLED cleaned things up for them....

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I think that if 6.0.1 caused lag it would cause lag for everyone....no?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze