USB notification always ON

Luisetelo

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

when you connect your nexus 5x to a computer a notification appears in order to select the mode you want connect it (for charging, photo transfer, etc.). However, after disconnecting it the notification still remains. The problem of this is that I'm pretty sure of that notification keep the phone awake and whatever I choose it never disappear.

I've trying to reboot it, clean and wipe cache but it still appear.

I got a Nexus 5x 32gb with Android 6.0.1 Patch security 1st March 2016

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

when you connect your nexus 5x to a computer a notification appears in order to select the mode you want connect it (for charging, photo transfer, etc.). However, after disconnecting it the notification still remains. The problem of this is that I'm pretty sure of that notification keep the phone awake and whatever I choose it never disappear.

I've trying to reboot it, clean and wipe cache but it still appear.

I got a Nexus 5x 32gb with Android 6.0.1 Patch security 1st March 2016

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Where is the notification? Part of the pull down notification bar? If so, can you swipe it away?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, it is part of the notification bar, but it can't swipe it away. (Maybe because is a system notification, idk)

Which mode did you have selected when you disconnected (for charging, photo transfer, etc.)?

I just disconnected with the mode set to USB FOR CHARGING and the notification went away immediately.

Luisetelo

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't remember, but I've just try with all and always stays. Sometime it goes away for a while but after that it appears again

NinjaNate

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I don't remember, but I've just try with all and always stays. Sometime it goes away for a while but after that it appears again

I have the exact same issue. I'm not sure if it actually thinks I have a device plugged in (USB port malfunction) or if it's just a software bug. Also it didn't charge for me when I first plugged it in last night (had to unplug and replug) so I'm wondering if it is a hardware issue...