Can I please get some help?

Marko Marjanovic

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Help appreciated

Well.. hello there, Android central!
First of all, i've never used a android device before. Only thing i ever used was symbian then windows phone. After being disappointed in Microsoft so many times, i flip the coin and brought Nexus 5x. I'm using it only two days and it's great device(!).. still i need help to navigate trough android os. I mainly need ,,tutorial'' how to disable apps running in background. I don'w want some specific applications to run and give me notification.. also draining my battery and taking up ram (i figure that when i press square and slide tabs they close but in windows i had ,,background app'' section where i could disable some app not running in background nor giving me notifications).
Also any help with android is appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help appreciated

Try tapping on the battery icon. Go to the 3 vertical dot menu upper right and look through battery saver, battery optimization, and Help, if needed. This may be what you need.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Well.. hello there, Android central!
First of all, i've never used a android device before. Only thing i ever used was symbian then windows phone. After being disappointed in Microsoft so many times, i flip the coin and brought Nexus 5x. I'm using it only two days and it's great device(!).. still i need help to navigate trough android os. I mainly need ,,tutorial'' how to disable apps running in background. I don'w want some specific applications to run and give me notification.. also draining my battery and taking up ram (i figure that when i press square and slide tabs they close but in windows i had ,,background app'' section where i could disable some app not running in background nor giving me notifications).
Also any help with android is appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

how to disable apps running in background

Most apps will "suspend" when not in use.

I don'w want some specific applications to run and give me notification

Goto settings>>>apps>>>select app, goto permissions and set which permissions to ALLOW

Choosing your apps wisely (stick to Google Play apps--avoid side-loaded apps) is the first step. Paying attention to the app permissions is also key....

aysiu

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

I mainly need ,,tutorial'' how to disable apps running in background.
I don't think you can do this without enabling developer mode and then restricting how many apps run at once. I would highly advise against doing so. You will likely get unexpected behavior.

I don'w want some specific applications to run and give me notification..
You can disable notifications for any particular app. Just go to the app info for it and disable notifications.

also draining my battery
If an app is draining battery when you aren't using it, then the best thing to do is uninstall that app. Do a Google search on "task killer android myth."

and taking up ram

RAM is meant to be used. Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Apps in RAM do not use extra battery.

It sounds to me as if the main issue you're having is with battery drain. I would look at screen brightness. You can also turn on battery saver mode. And in your mobile settings, there's an option to disable background data.

Marko Marjanovic

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
First of all, thank you for your quick respones. I've disabled notifications and check app permisions.
About battery, i don't have battery drain.. i just want to make sure i don't get one haha

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

If you don't want to get notifications from an app, disable notification from within the app. Don't worry about what's running in the background. Just Swipe it away from recent used apps and don't over complicate things. Android does a great job at managing applications. Smart phones are tools to make our lives better not harder. Enjoy them.