Nexus 5X not saving contacts on phone?

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I am new to smart phones and the 5X. I got the 5 X a few day ago and saved some contacts on it just fine. Now today I trying to add some more and none are showing up? The phone says saving in my email account? I read to go into goggle setting and uncheck the contacts sync setting. I tried that but still no change. How do I add new contacts to this phone?
Thanks Charlie

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You add them to your Google account. That way, if you change phones, just put the same Google account into the new phone and it'll sync to Google Contacts and have all your contacts. (Not the email account, the Google account. Even if they're the same address, which one you put it in matters. If you want email from that account, add it to email accounts, but there has to be at least one Google account on the phone.)

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
If you have access to a computer, the easiest way to add contacts is to add them at http://contacts.google.com though you need to have Sync enabled for contacts on your phone. As was mentioned, Google saves all of your contacts you have in the Contacts app in your Google account, so they are available anywhere you are logged into your Google account, and if you get a new phone it will automatically transfer them to your new phone.

From what I've seen, the main issue people have is forgetting to actually save the contact before they leave the app. After you enter all the information, make sure you hit the checkmark in the top corner to ensure the new contact is saved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma