Bluetooth battery drain

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth is killing my battery when I'm not using my phone. Want to avoid a factory reset. I did wipe the cache. Any way to find the culprit. I'm attaching screenshot where all the drain was with phone not being used. (Or not because can't upload attachment). Battery down 25 % - probably after 4 hours or less and 19% drain from Bluetooth. Next is Android os at 3%. Thanks for your help.

Posted via the Android Central App

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the GasBuddy app installed? It has an issue with Bluetooth where it keeps your phone "Awake" (active but with the screen off) all the time, so the battery is used more quickly. There are a few other apps that have been known to cause issues, such as WeatherBug and Facebook.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the GasBuddy app installed? It has an issue with Bluetooth where it keeps your phone "Awake" (active but with the screen off) all the time, so the battery is used more quickly. There are a few other apps that have been known to cause issues, such as WeatherBug and Facebook.

Thanks. I don't and I removed WeatherBug. I'll try Facebook and see if that does it.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Did some searching and looks like the Cvs app is another culprit. I verified under location settings that it is causing high battery use.

bmac360

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Another one I found that was doing the same thing was citifyd - it is a parking app for here in Portland, OR. It is really cool, but after I saw the drain I removed it and no more problems. I now have my BT set to just the basic items and hopefully be good too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks