Nexus 5X battery/charging questions

Subway_9

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to Nexus phones and have very limited knowledge on anything other than the Galaxy range of phones.

I picked up a super cheap Nexus 5X and it was just delivered from China this morning. As I live in Australia, we obviously have different power outlets to other countries so the charger that came with the phone is incompatible with our outlets, luckily the retailer included some sort of adapter that solves this issue in order for me to charge from Australian power outlets.

So this brings me to my first set of questions, does the Nexus 5X support fast charge? And will the fast charge work even though the power has to pass through an adapter? Apologies if these questions have been answered in the past, I'm new to Android Central. :)

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
A. My phone came to Mexico with an incompatible plug, too, and I bought an adapter. It seems to fast sharge but I've only tried it twice. I don't think the adapter does anything but connect the current.
B. I went to my service providers customer service center and had them veryify that the phone would work without any problems on their system since it was the "International" version and not the U.S./Mexico version. They said it would and it has.
C. Enjoy your phone. I like mine.

vVick3d

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
If you use the charger supplied with the 5x you will get a fast charge.

The adapter for your charger will not affect the way it charges, its simply a pass through that converts one plug type to the next.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22