5X info

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm jumping on the Google bandwagon. I've decided to try fi. Im buying the 5x to try it out then when the new nexus smartphones cone in October, I'll upgrade. What about my contacts? I know that all ky apps will move over. But im on Verizon with a galaxy S7 edge. Will my phone contacts sync?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy s7 edge to 5x, are you sure? If it wasn't for pure Android, 5x is a plasticy cheap feeling phone.

Dont get me wrong. I have both 5x and 6p, Galaxy s7 edge though is a fantastic phone.

Last edited:

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I use my Nexus 5x every day but I never sit around fondling it without it's case. Maybe it does feel cheap and plasticy.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy s7 edge to 5x, are you sure? If it wasn't for pure Android, 5x is a plasticy cheap feeling phone.

Dont get me wrong. I have both 5x and 6p, Galaxy s7 edge though is a fantastic phone.

S7 is a good phone but slippery glass and metal are asinine materials to make a phone out of. Who cares what it feels like, durability is far more important to me. My biggest physical complaints about the 5X is it's a bit big for the screen size and it's not soft-touch plastic.

YMMV. :cool:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Im only getting the 5x to try project fi for a couple of months. This would be along side my S7 edge. Once and if I feel comfortable with the service, I'll buy the new premium google pixel phone. That way I can leave verizon. I've always been happy with galaxy S phones. I still have my S6 edge too. My issue is with verizon. After being a loyal customer since 1992, over the last 2 years they've been pulling very sneaky things to up my bill. I always check my bill and call for credit, but its the lies and deciet that are getting me down. I've got 5 lines with them so im taking the line we rarely use and trying fi. I'll keep my S7 edge going till I'm sure. Then if we do decide that fi works, 1 by1 ill get all my lines away from Verizon as their contracts run out.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
An alternative to giving Google all of your contacts and calendar items you can use Fruux. It's a paid service specifically for that. Cost is reasonable and the customer service is top notch.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Im only getting the 5x to try project fi for a couple of months. This would be along side my S7 edge. Once and if I feel comfortable with the service, I'll buy the new premium google pixel phone. That way I can leave verizon. I've always been happy with galaxy S phones. I still have my S6 edge too. My issue is with verizon. After being a loyal customer since 1992, over the last 2 years they've been pulling very sneaky things to up my bill. I always check my bill and call for credit, but its the lies and deciet that are getting me down. I've got 5 lines with them so im taking the line we rarely use and trying fi. I'll keep my S7 edge going till I'm sure. Then if we do decide that fi works, 1 by1 ill get all my lines away from Verizon as their contracts run out.
I moved out of VZ into fi 7 months ago. I'm always on wifi at home and work. My bill average $27 a month. Works great for me, but if you are a big data user, fi will not be cheaper and might even be very expensive.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Google Fi is a great idea...but...here in the upper Midwest the coverage is not Verizon's. After all of Sprint and T-Mobile's claims of a better network, I'm really not finding it to be any better than it was 4 years ago. It's OK in most cities and along major roads, but get outside of that and it's pretty hit and miss.

There's three main things you need to consider for Fi.

1. Is Sprint/T-Mobile/US Cell coverage good enough for your needs?
2. Do you use about 2 GB of data max?
3. Are you OK with being locked into Nexus phones?

If any of those answers are no Fi is probably not for you. It works for me, but because of the coverage I'd say it's just barely acceptable.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Right, but I'm giving it a try. Just ordered my phone & sim. For a few months, it'll be worth trying. I'm not a heavy user. Personally I'm using about a gig a month. As far as the nexus phones go, if it works out for me, I'll get the new premium pixel in a couple of months. I'm a very strong believer in people doing me right especially when I'm paying the bill. Back in 1975,my wife and I bought a brand new Chrysler. That car was so troublesome that I finally called the district manager to get it fixed. Of course they claimed they did and there was really nothing wrong with the car. But a year later, they recalled them for the fix. I haven't and will never buy a Chrysler car again. Of course they haven't improved much as far as build quality goes. But thsts another story.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm about to join you, Rumblee1. I was going to get Fi for Europe, anyway. We have one 5x, but after realizing that I really do like the screen on 5x, I think I'm going for the buy. I won't be upgrading it in the fall, though. I don't like much found in the rumors. But, for $200., it only needs to last a year or two. My N5 is almost 3. I need better radios and battery. I thought I'd wait on another 6P price drop, but it's really too big-love a lot about it. We have one in the family, too.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, im dissapointed with one thing so far. I ordered my sim last Saturday, but will not receive it till next Tuesday. My phone arrives tomorrow. What the heck.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I didn't. But i thought fi would send it out overnight. I guess I'll have plenty of time to set it up and use it on wifi for a few days. I just think over a week is a bit long.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital