Nexus 5x not making/receiving calls on Verizon?

clurrfitzy

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I just got a new 5x in the mail yesterday to replace my Nexus 6. Everything I've read (including here and elsewhere) has stated that simply popping your Verizon nano SIM from one phone to the other should allow Verizon to work on the 5x seamlessly. I popped my SIM in and texts/data is working fine, but I cannot for the life of me make or receive any calls. It just shows "Dialing xxxxx" for about 15 seconds, then the line drops. Has anyone else had this issue? Slipping the SIM back into the Nexus 6 causes everything to work just fine, but I'll be REALLY sad if this doesn't work out and I have to return the phone. :'(

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Settings>More>Cellular networks>Access Point Names- tap on menu (three dots, upper right hand corner) and tap on Reset to default.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just swapped my Verizon sim from a Maxx 2 to a 5X and much to my surprise (this being Verizon and all) it worked without a hitch.
I hope PapaGary's fix works for you.

clurrfitzy

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I tried this and am still having no luck. The 4G LTE bar says "No service". But texts and data are working fine...

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Call Verizon customer service and tell them to import the imei # into there database. If I were you, I'd try google fi. I bought my 5x to try it out before committing to changing from Verizon. I'm tired of big reds BS. So far, ive had zero issues, and better signal. No interruption in anything. And just as fast as verizon.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Call Verizon customer service and tell them to import the imei # into there database. If I were you, I'd try google fi. I bought my 5x to try it out before committing to changing from Verizon. I'm tired of big reds BS. So far, ive had zero issues, and better signal. No interruption in anything. And just as fast as verizon.

I second this. I bought the Nexus 5X with a Fi Sim card almost a year ago using my invite, and I have been very happy as a Fi customer. I get the same coverage for half what I was paying before. Lately I've been thinking about switching to T-Mobile just to get the unlimited binge on stuff, but I'll likely just stay with Fi. I like that I get discounts on Google's phone's.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious if you are using the international version (791) or the US (790)? I'm not 100% sure this would be the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae